Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Local papers, a new high!
  • theotherjonv

Binners to the forum, I shall be requested a Lidl – Greggs sausage off…..

Alternatively; A levels, a journalism degree and a debt as big as a house (deposit), and this is what it’s come to. Parents must be so proud….

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/i-compared-sausage-rolls-lidl-20460987

dyna-ti

We used to sell sausage to a mainstream bakers, and it is radically different to regular sausagemeat.
    Mainly consists of fat and rusk,and something called nupro, which binds water to protein.
    Eg.
    The meat content of sausagemeat in a retail butchers is 70% but usually a lot more, but in bakers sausage its about 15%, which is why it tastes so pasty.
    Personally having made it I NEVER eat sausage products like sausage rolls out of bakers. Yuck a doo 😡

Incidentally you cant make sausage from very high meat content or it becomes dry and tough. Worked for a chap who used lean instead of brock(trimmings) and we in the shop all felt there was not enough fat to keep the product moist.
    He made nice pork sausages though. Basically took an entire gigot of pork , skinned it, chopped it up, trimmed out any gristle and minced the entire thing as the basis.

kelvin

Nevermind local papers… most of the national papers have run a “comparing caterpillar cakes” story recently. Dumb all the way to the top.

Oh, sausage rolls… they taste great with low, or even no, real meat content. They don’t need the lean meat at all, or even any meat… tasty enough without.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Support the poor guy. This is “the biggest exposé” of his career.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Nevermind local papers… most of the national papers have run a “comparing caterpillar cakes” story recently. Dumb all the way to the top.

Curtesy of Jim’ll Paint It

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Local papers, a new high!’ is closed to new replies.