Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Local Gypsie site redevelopment
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Our local camp has just received a grant for £1million to be re-developed. No problem with that, but then you discover that this is no longer a transit site and the development is for the benefit of one family then surely 'buy them a large house' sounds like a better use of tax payers and Euro funding?

Or is it me?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh FFS, just when things were quiet…

Did you have to???

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Still time to edit it to "Gypsy"

yunki
    Free Member

darcy

+ 1

jon1973
    Free Member

[Daily Mail] No wonder my council tax bill is so high [/Daily Mail]

zokes
    Free Member

Now then, where's the bloke who posted that picture of a well known German translation for "work makes you free"…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

[guardian]But these people need to be accommodated. It's money well spent[/guardian]

Talkemada
    Free Member

Any chance of some actual proper information on this, or shall be get the pitchforks and flaming torches out now?

jon1973
    Free Member

[The Sunday Sport]Man get's married to a goat, get's own council house[/The Sunday Sport]

jon1973
    Free Member

Any chance of some actual proper information on this

Where's the fun it that? Burn 'em, burn 'em all.

uplink
    Free Member

[thetimes] that'll be a pound please[/thetimes]

Talkemada
    Free Member

[The Sunday Sport]Man get's married to a goat, get's own council house[/The Sunday Sport]

LOL! 😆

'Jade Goody Found On Mars'

monkeychild
    Free Member

[dons flame suit]Why the chuff do these characters want permanent sites?
    I thought they lived to meander around relieving people of their hard earned goods, badly tarmaccing drives and butchering trees??[takes flame suit off]
    I have no time for gypsies at all.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I think you took the suit off a mite too early…

zokes
    Free Member

monkeychild
    Free Member

There are witches as well??? BURN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tankslapper
    Free Member

darcy – tell that to our local paper then, Gypsy still seems pc

http://www.countytimes.co.uk/news/86684/grant-of-nearly-1m-for-welshpool-gipsy-site.aspx

mtbfix

Are gypsies made of wood? Or something else that floats?

zokes
    Free Member

There are witches as well???

He lives in mid Wales….

jon1973
    Free Member

Are gypsies made of wood? Or something else that floats?

Ducks also float in water.

zokes
    Free Member

Sounds quackers to me…

TheFlyingOx

Bravo, even down to the random apostrophes 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Here we go….

kpt1972
    Free Member

Tankslapper – i only live a few miles away to – scandelous i thought, total waste of money , in fact it wasn't to long ago the police raided the site and made quite a few arrests and recovered a good quantity of stolen goods to.

tankslapper
    Free Member

ton

I posted it as this is £1million for one family – I know the site well, have had quite a few stones thrown from it as I cycle past over the years, but I raise no objection to the funding, or who its aimed at. The point you have all missed is how many of you actually live in or have been given a £1million for a property development? Of course the site should be developed, its a hole, but surely decent houses would be a better / cheaper option. Racist analogies are not what the thread was about in any way, what its about is is it reasonable to spend £1million on one family no matter who they are regardless of religion, class, creed or whatever. The fact that many here have chosen to view it as some form of racism says more about prejudices exhibited on this forum by others rather than myself.

Perhaps instead of being PC fascists some should actually try and use reasoned debate.

mrmo
    Free Member

a house cost c£60k, ok so access roads water etc would need to be supplied, but i assume the land has been provided so no cost, still along way short of £1million. So yes does seem a huge waste. If we are meant to be saving money, why give excessive sums to non productive elements of society. Not racist, by same thought is it right to give millions to pensioners when more cost effective approaches exist?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do we have any real information on this?

uplink
    Free Member

To be fair TJ – the lack of real or creditable information has never stopped you in the past
    🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Dunno – if it bothers you, find out, but this was posted up there…

tankslapper – Member

darcy – tell that to our local paper then, Gypsy still seems pc

http://www.countytimes.co.uk/news/86684/grant-of-nearly-1m-for-welshpool-gipsy-site.aspx

tankslapper
    Free Member

What TJ? Are you saying our local rag (posted above about an 1 hour back, feel free to read!) is not into 'real' information……..

tankslapper
    Free Member

He must be taking a long time to read it, I realise it's full of long words and all but I'm pretty sure its available in BIG PRINT or even Braille….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do I give a shit what's happening to them thieving feckers in tankslapper land? Nah…as long as it's not in my back yard.

Shit like this wouldn't happen in NI tanky.

zokes
    Free Member

Shit like this wouldn't happen in NI tanky.

Clearly…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8116063.stm

druidh
    Free Member

Where's the bit in that article suggesting it's only for one family?

zokes
    Free Member

So the OP can't use his own eyes now then?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

druidh – Member

Where's the bit in that article suggesting it's only for one family?

Precisely.

Slapper's entire argument is based on the fact that it's just for one family.

And yet the article on which he wants everyone to base their opinions on, makes no reference at all to this.

Sounds like a load of bollox to me.

zokes
    Free Member

Sounds like a load of bollox to me.

Bit like most of what's on here then…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Indeed zokes………… a thread full of bollox.

Not entirely a rare sight on here.

And why I often find STW so hugely entertaining 8)

Talkemada
    Free Member

The money will go on improving the site – situated one mile outside of Welshpool, near to the Severn Farm Industrial Estate – and providing new services for residents.

Safe footpaths, street lighting, fire prevention systems and recreational facilities for children are just some of the services which will be improved as part of the funding.

Sounds reasonable to me. British citizens getting stuff they need.

Director Kate Bennett said: “Parents in gipsy and traveller communities are 20 times more likely to experience the death of a child than the general population.
    “We all want our children to be healthy and educated.”

Sounds like there's a real need for such investment, then.

a house cost c£60k, ok so access roads water etc would need to be supplied, but i assume the land has been provided so no cost, still along way short of £1million. So yes does seem a huge waste. If we are meant to be saving money, why give excessive sums to non productive elements of society.

Maybe to help them become more productive elements of society? Just a thought.

As for the money; it will cost loads to employ contractors to do the work, so I'd imagine that would count for a large chunk of the money. Of course, because the contract firms are private, they'll be charging a fair whack, most likely. And it's providing jobs.

tankslapper
    Free Member

The paper hard copy in front of me clearly states 'when the work is completed the site will be used by just one family'

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Local Gypsie site redevelopment’ is closed to new replies.