Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Local elections. Do the candidates even care?
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

This is my fourth election, and I was merely trying to explain a bit about the dark arts of election campaigning

And that is the other problem.

I’m not misrepresenting you at all. I merely restated exactly what you said, without all the other guff.

EDIT: and I think there may have been a misunderstanding by other posters, when you said “I am only interested in identified supporters” it did seem like you meant throughout the campaign not just on polling day.

I understood this. I just don’t think it is ok. Get everyone out, not just those on your side.

grum
    Free Member

What is childish? My frustration with the complancency of politicians? My anger that they appear to be self serving?

What do you do to further the cause of democracy exactly?

jimw
    Free Member

If people can’t be bothered to vote, in my opinion it rather reduces the impact of their complaints subsequently.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What do you do to further the cause of democracy exactly?

I hold politicians answerable for their views and actions? What do you do?

and anway do you seriously think that only engaging with those who you know will vote for you, on election day, is really furthering the cause of democracy?

If people can’t be bothered to vote, in my opinion it rather reduces the impact of their complaints subsequently.

that is not an unusual viewpoint, but you need to think about why they are not voting and whose responsibility it is to engage them and when the best time for that is.

aracer
    Free Member

Get everyone out, not just those on your side.

You really do have some funny ideas don’t you? So whilst Esme’s opposition is busy getting out the people who they know will vote for them and not worrying about your supporters you suggest Esme should try to not get elected by also getting out the people who will vote for the opposition. I’m really not sure what is so cynical with attempting to get elected.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You really do have some funny ideas don’t you?

No

So whilst Esme’s opposition is busy getting out the people who they know will vote for them and not worrying about your supporters you suggest Esme should try to not get elected by also getting out the people who will vote for the opposition.

I suggest she gets people out to vote no matter who they are and trusts that her policies will let them vote for her

I’m really not sure what is so cynical with attempting to get elected.

Sometimes that overshadows the reasons for getting elected

aracer
    Free Member

I presume you were out all day knocking on doors to get people to go and vote then Charlie?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Local elections. Do the candidates even care?’ is closed to new replies.