• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by igm.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Loads of Badgers this year ?!
  • jekkyl

Dunno if it’s just me but I’ve been seeing more badgers out and about on 2 wheels this year than any year before, they seem to be very prevalent all over the place. I tend to go out 2/3 times a week, almost exclusively night rides and it used to be the case maybe I’d see maybe 1 or 2 a month last year but this year it’s *almost* every ride. Like last night I saw 5 of the buggers and this isn’t even a mostly rural place just out and about around the lanes/parks/canals/sustrans routes of Stoke on Trent. They seem to be bolder too, often turning to face me and some (the males?) rise up and sit on their hind legs as if to challenge.

buck53

I’ve been seeing more badgers out and about on 2 wheels this year

Bike riding badgers?! Catch them ASAP, you’ll make a fortune!

jekkyl

LOL. yeah this one last night, trying to get the KOM on the dirt track at the back of Keele.

faustus

They are nocturnal so you’re around when they come out to forage…and you don’t live in Somerset where they have tried to kill them all, so they’re a bit more chilled out!

endurogangster
    Free Member

^Awesome pic!^

I chased one for about 300 metres a few weeks back down some singletrack, thought I was going a decent pace until the badger started pulling away from me!

jekkyl

I agree about the speed of them, we chased one down a walled bridleway and it was going at quite a pace for a fair distance. When I say chased it was in front of us then saw us and turned and sped off in the opposite direction. I eased off a bit and we followed for what might have been qtr of a mile till there was a break in the wall and it went through.

mrmo
    Free Member

Odd, if you believe DEFRA there was a massive die off over teh last year and their are very few badgers about….

igm

They’ve all moved to your area to avoid the cull.

Probably.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Loads of Badgers this year ?!’ is closed to new replies.