Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • L&M Arc HID with broken bulb unit, bin or repair?
  • maxray
    Free Member

I tried unsuccessfully to get Light and Motion to do me a decent deal on a new head unit for my Arc after a wrist breaking crash broke the bulb/unit.

The charger and pack has ben sitting in my shed for 2 years now and the hoarder in me won’t let me bin it. I am guessing it is cheaper to buy some budget led’s now than get all the parts in Maplin’s to do something with the battery pack and charger?

😕

MaryHinge
    Free Member

You could see what Troutie can do for you.

I’m using an old Lumicycle battery and one of trouties lamp units with a converter cable he made up.

allthepies
    Free Member

Personally (I have one of said units)… when it packs up I’ll not bother with a repair but will get a decent LED setup.

wwaswas

After 2 years sat in a shed I’d be worried about the state of the battery, too.

jam-bo

I lost my battery pack and it was cheaper to buy a MTBbatteries Lumenator instead.

I though the ARC’s were good light but the lumenator literally puts them in the shade.

jsinglet

L&M Service sucks, get a new light, not from them.

It didn’t seem light the battery from mine could be made useful for anything else, I asked troutie or mtb batteries, can’t remember which.

maxray
    Free Member

Makes my conscience a little lighter (excuse the pun) at junking this old stuff 🙂

jam-bo

stick them on ebay. the chargers go for £20-30 sometimes.

maxray
    Free Member

I should really do that Jam bo, got a load of random items like some 80s Stronglite cranks that I am sure some hipster would want 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘L&M Arc HID with broken bulb unit, bin or repair?’ is closed to new replies.