Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • LLS-ish 29er hardtail options…Solarismax or…
  • escrs
    Free Member

What else should I look at? Sonder Signal looks heavy and has a very low bb

The low BB height hasnt been an issue on mine and im running 175mm cranks, no pedal strikes etc..

Frame is a touch on the heavy side, mine comes in a 15.5kg for the full build but mine is bulit more towards trail/enduro riding so has stronger wheels and heavier tyres (Minion SS in pic has been replaced with a DHR2 Dual compound tyre) than most XC/trail builds, plus i have a multi tool and inner tube/pump etc.. strapped to the bike

222998852_10165659857495161_3192501839550041319_n

b33k34

And that also tips me back towards the XL. That video is really just saying the same thing – look at sagged reach on a hardtail.

superstu
    Free Member

That Sonder looks great. All of the steel frames are portly but depends how it rides on how much you notice

b33k34

So, got home from holiday and looked at my hardtail 29 wheel set (less than year old NOS Dt XM 1501) to find it’s centrelock which means no boost converter. Damn.

So does anyone other than Stanton (whose switch9er is a pretty short at 484 reach) build with swappable dropouts so I can still buy a non boost frame but upgrade later?

spannermonkey
    longmover
    Free Member

I have a Chromag Doctahawk (525 reach 62 HA), it is definitely on the far end of the LLS spectrum but it does feel like a full sus in it’s ability to plow through everything.

reeksy

I’ve got both S-max and Switch9er. I run both at 140mm.

The Cotic is seriously good. Definitely compliant. Those long chainstays do make it less flickable than the Stanton though, but you adjust to being able to lift a wheel easily.

Stanton is pretty stiff… good for some. A bit heavier, but my god the paintwork is amazing.

I looked at Pace but they couldn’t even be bothered to reply to emails so I ditched them as an option, whereas customer service from the Cotic and Stanton has been good.

b33k34

https://problemsolversbike.com/products/hubs/booster-hub-spacing-kit-front-center-lock

though nowhere seems to sell them. Found a load of copies on Ebay though from Chinese sellers. Amazing how some stuff only shows up when you know exactly what you’re looking for.

So, has anyone got an XL SolarisMax Longshot for sale?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘LLS-ish 29er hardtail options…Solarismax or…’ is closed to new replies.