Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Llangynidr (Crickhowell) – Places to visit and pubs.
  • Shakey
    Free Member

Am off to Wales later today to recce our Scout summer camp. Can anybody recommend any good places to visit and pubs we can eat in tonight!

Obviously there are no Scouts on the recce so Pubs are definitely on the agenda!

molgrips
    Free Member

Take your bike.

Shakey
    Free Member

Yes, should do really but what tyres for Wales in March? 😆

tonyg2003

Go to the Nant-y-Ffinn Cider Mill (just outside Crick on the Breacon road – you might have to book). The pubs Llangyndr aren’t anything special.

Great riding around there on and off road.

IHN

Good pubs in Talybont

FuzzyWuzzy

Good bike shop there to (assuming it’s still open), well good in that it’s crammed to the rafters with various ages of stock. Think the son runs it now and he’s not as friendly as his old man used to be.

Pigface
    Free Member

The Bear in Crick is always good, do the loop to Talgarth and back through Llangorse to Bwlch.

Go over Llangynidr to Ebbw Vale and realise that the heads of the valley road is like a barrier. Do not go to The Rassau!!!!! Garnlydan is ok now.

wonnyj
    Free Member

http://www.energyshare.com/talybont-energy-group

A good place to visit with the scouts – community energy project.

smiffy

The Star, Talybont
    The Bear, Crickhowel
    The Lamb & Fox, Pwll Du

Sonor
    Free Member

Blimey, this is a blast from the past, I used to go on Easter and Summer camps with the Scouts to Llangynidr.

Stayed at Panteg farm by the Usk in what was the derelict farmhouse, which looks like it has been restored. A bit “chilly” for easter camp it was.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’ve been to the Green Man Festival a few times near there, I can recommend both the rain and the penderyn single malt.

tonyg2003

Nelson’s is the bike shop in Llangynidr and very good it is too!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Llangynidr (Crickhowell) – Places to visit and pubs.’ is closed to new replies.