Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Llangollen/Glyn Ceiriog riding
  • solamanda
    Free Member

I’m staying in Glyn Ceiriog in July and was hoping to ride the enduro/dh tracks at Llangollen but from the One Giant Leap facebook page, it looks like they’re closed for maintenance. Alternatively I was looking at some more natural routes, I’ve found this which looks good. I’d appreciate any suggestions? Thanks!

mcdonagh2962
    Free Member

I would personally go and do the world’s end route up to llandegla, haven’t got the route but looks amazing on people’s videos

kraken2345
    Free Member

Depending on what you’re after, I rode the beast of Llangollen route last year and whilst being one of the hardest rides I’ve done, it was definitely one of the most memorable. A couple of the descents were incredible, including one which was up there with the most technical I’ve ridden.

This is the route I followed.

https://flattyres-mtb.co.uk/route-guides/north-wales-mtb-routes/the-beast-of-llangollen/

olly2097
    Free Member

Loads of riding round Glyn. Loads. Get the is map out. I like the wayfarer the best. Glyn to llanarmon. Over to maengwynedd. All tarmac.
    Up over the berwyn. To the stone circle by llandrillo. Back over wayfarer. Pheasant track nantyr. Nantyr to Glyn via the cheeky bits of bridleway by church hill.

Or go towards Oswestry. Or llan. Loads of routes.

olly2097
    Free Member

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/osmaps/route/9039594/Glyn-Berwyn-Wayfarer

Made that. Nice route but is 30 miles. Some hard climbs. Great views.

mrhoppy

I doubt OGL will be out of action for that long.

chakaping
    Free Member

There are some tracks just west of OGL that you can see on trailforks, definitely worth a look if you’re riding in the area.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

If you have a road bike, put that in too.

Some of the quietest stunning countryside in the country where you can ride for miles without seeing a car.

Oh and the hills are brutal round here

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

That looks a great ride and bloody hard! About 40% road?

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Thanks! I’m moving to Wrexham soon, and will definitely be trying these suggestions.

olly2097
    Free Member

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

That looks a great ride and bloody hard! About 40% road?

Nah. The green lane stuff on that route is definitely not car/road bike worthy. The wayfarer is definitely not. Think it’s closed to 4x4s now. Same with the pheasant track.

Planning on a big ride that way from Oswestry some point soon. If I recall correctly you live up the road from me so you can tag along if you want to feel the pain.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Ceiriog valley is one of my favourite places to ride. So much riding, so little people. You could just either the day grinding up the valley sides and blasting back down techy descents.

It’s near my mother in law’s house, always good to pack the bike when we visit.

Pics from my last ride there… https://www.instagram.com/p/CPxq2Oasc_W/?utm_medium=copy_link

thelawman

The wayfarer is definitely not. Think it’s closed to 4x4s now.

It’s definitely not closed to traffic at the mo, a mate and I rode it from Llandrillo to Llanarmon DC on Sunday afternoon. 5 or 6 trailbikes in one group left Llandrillo just ahead of us, and we encountered at least 4 assorted varieties of Land Rovers coming over the opposite direction, i.e. heading west. The section with the sleepers in the bog is a bit of a mess at present.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Loads of routes in the area, the Clwydians have some real hidden gems around there.
    I used to do an event called the Flintshire Challenge which pretty much took in most of the bridlepaths of the area.
    Colin’s page at http://www.ttps://flattyres-mtb.co.uk covers most of the area (He’s a local lad, great rider and coach)

campalumpa
    Free Member

Colin does guiding as well and weds eve rides.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Llangollen/Glyn Ceiriog riding’ is closed to new replies.