Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Llandegla with little’uns?
  • v8ninety

Worth doing the blue, or is it a bit dull? We rode the verderers trail at FoD last week and it wasn’t far off the boys (7 and 9) limit of ‘fun’durance, but was worth it for such a nice well designed trail. Is degla’s blue similar in effort:fun ratio? Cheers all

lawman91

Degla blue is pretty fun, often ride it on night rides to mix things up, even done it on the “gravel” bike.

honourablegeorge

I guess it depends on the level they’re at. My 11 year old wasn’t that impressed, the straight fire road climb at the start is almost half of that 12k, there’s a bit of singletrack after that, but mostly it’s wide and not at all challenging. He much preferred CyB, there’s lot more variety and challenge to be had from just combining the shorter trails there, or Cyflym Coch (Red Fox) is 12k and really good fun, although a little bit of a step up in terms of tech.

hatter

Rode the blue with my 7 year old in he spring, he loved it, the first climb is long but it’s steady and he could spin his way up in due course.

I expect he’ll progress to more techy stuff sooner or later but for that age bracket it’s pretty bob on.

scaled
    Free Member

I’d not done the blue at degla till this monday. my 4 year old could ride it all, you might have more fun on the red. I’ll bet the blue is great fun if you’re proper trapping on though.

v8ninety

Thanks for replies all. Had previously discounted red as ‘for big’ us only’. Is it not too tough? Both boys are reasonably fit, have decent geared bikes and pretty good bike handling skills relative to their age.

View post on imgur.com

They are a bit cautious if anything. I think that the length/multiple ups of the red would knacker them though; isn’t there a shortcut back to the blue half way round?

BillOddie

Based on my experience with my boys and the description of your boys, you’ll probably be fine on the Red.

scaled
    Free Member

It’ll be a big day out but as long as you’ve got enough food and enough time then it’ll all work out.

There’s loads of ace places to stop that you don’t notice when you’re pinning it round the black trying to get home for when you told the wife you’d be finished 😀

w00dster

The red might be too much to be honest. Its not overly technical, but there are some very fast sections but also apart from the fire road climb already mentioned, two other fairly tough climbs. The Blue is fun and I’d stick to that.
    Are you winching them up? Thr first climb is a slog for a 7 year old on a small bike with tiny wheels.

v8ninety

W00dster, you may be right, stamina wise. Both the boys are on 24” Wheels though. They can winch themselves up! 😂

Billoddie <highfive>! Here’s a pic of the Saracen in action 😎

View post on imgur.com

BillOddie

Billoddie <highfive>! Here’s a pic of the Saracen in action 😎

Yeah Buddy!!!  There is definitely some air under those tyres! Glad he’s enjoying it!

v8ninety

LOVES it mate. His older bro isn’t so impressed; it’s closed the skills gap incredibly! 😂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla with little’uns?’ is closed to new replies.