Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Llandegla with extended miles
  • bigyim
    Free Member

We are going to llandegla tomorrow for a blast. Was thinking about 2 laps but I don’t fancy the massive fire road climb back out the carpark twice. Does anyone know of any loop back ideas or anything to extend the mileage a bit ?
    Tia

Blackflag
    Free Member

After the the big climb near the end you then emerge out of the woods and do a short uphill on fire road towards the reservoir. At the top, instead of turning left into the woods again, turn right and go round the reservoir anti clockwise (keeping it on your left). This is part of the green trail. As this joins the main fire road a bit further on, turn right along the fire road. Keep looking to your left and you will see the “outward” part of the Red.

Garry_Lager

There’s a very good route out from the top of the trail centre round the back of the radio mast, and then over Eglwyseg mountain descending into Llangollen. Only potential problem is you would then have a substantial road climb to get back up to Llandegla (the Worlds End road, well known roadie climb), so it depends on how far you are looking to go.

binman

Fair play to you, my bike couldn’t do a second lap without stopping at the café ! Even the one lap of the Black is more than enough..

kimbers

Search ‘megadegla’ on strava

erictwinge
    Free Member

Worlds End in the obvious answer, but the degla climb out of the carpark isnt much and never as bad as you remember.

re Worlds End. we start and finish in Llangollen. climb up to the mast, do a lap of the Degla network, spend some money in the cafe, then up the carpark climb back to the mast and a monster descent back to Llangollen.

stayhigh

[hijack]Following as off heading this way at the end of the month and would be nice to explore a bit. If anyone has a gpx or two they wouldnt mind pinging my way that would be groovy too[/hijackoff]

Edit: Nothing comes up on Strava search for megadegla

jree
    Free Member

I didn’t know about that short cut black flag, so that’s the short fire road climb immediately before Julia’s trail? Just turn right instead of left? I quite like a lap of the blue for fast flowy fun as a second lap.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

anything to extend the mileage a bit ?

Do the llandegla Bruise……Black and Blue and Red and Green. Gives you the tricky decision of whether to refuel in the cafe or press on without stopping for the sub four hour effort.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Felt like extended miles today, the car park was packed! Busiest I’ve ever seen it. We had to go past all the car parks, right to the end where the gate is closed. Never been that far up before 🙂

thegeneralist
    Free Member

We had to go past all the car parks, right to the end where the gate is closed. Never been that far up before

The only gate I know of is the one at the end of the excavated car park. Is that the one?
    If so then it wasn’t packed…. Packed is when you drive up that hill for around a km past dozens of cars ( vans probably👿) till you get to the three way split and can find a space. That was a busy day.

johnw1984
    Free Member

No, it was past that right up to where the walking trails are (and near the start of the straight climb). I’ve never driven that far up before.

Basically past all the car parks and then some!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Right enough. There is another gate. Good point. Yep well busy.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I didn’t know about that short cut black flag, so that’s the short fire road climb immediately before Julia’s trail? Just turn right instead of left? I quite like a lap of the blue for fast flowy fun as a second lap.

No, Its after Julia’s trail. Where the red meets the green by the reservoir on the degla map.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla with extended miles’ is closed to new replies.