Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Llandegla vs Sherwood Pines – if you're an 11y old girl :)
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi

We are visiting friends near Llandegla in a couple of weeks

I have no idea how the trails compare to Sherwood but Ive taken my daughter there a few times and we’ve had a good time – her on a rigid kids bike and me on a crosser

The green at Sherwood is beneath her, the blue was a doddle and she rode the red confidently with a handful of dabs

If we visit Llandegla we’ll have to hire bikes which is good as that will be an upgrade for her but if anyone can tell me how the trails compare to the Pines Id be grateful
    We will only have a half day and I dont want to either waste time or else knock her confidence by riding inappropriate stuff
    The website suggests black may be too much and the red looks more techy than Nottingham – although as I mentioned she rides red at Nottingham easily

Comments welcome

Cheers

alpin
    Free Member

you’re 11…? do your mummy and daddy know you are on here talking to strangers?

ianfitz
    Free Member

All the routes at Llandegla start up the same quite long climb (my kids found it long anyway) the red there is a proper red, not like the ‘red’ at sherwood which is really a blue.

Llandegla red has a lot more height loss and gain, far more technical and quite a lot of jumps/berms etc.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

So its you getting KOMs on ya motocross bike..

bokonon
    Free Member

The blue is excellent fun.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

So its you getting KOMs on ya motocross bike..

I took a guy for his first mtb ride there a few months back. He downloaded strava for it and was all set.

He was pleased with his pace when riding but gutted when he realised on one of the first sections on the blue had a 35mph KOM 🙁

I did tell him it was either a glitch or Crosser.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Most people at Llandegla ride like little girls anyway, so she’ll be rite 😆

Mbnut
    Free Member

The ‘blue’ will be perfect.

About the same length as the Kitchner at Sherwood I would say and slightly different terrain to keep it interesting for her.

The climb is not hard but a head wind can make it feel quite long. I would say cruise up and then enjoy the down which can be very fast in places.

If you have time then there is a little skills area to play on and get the feel of the bike at the start of the climb.

Good cafe too.

Enjoy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla vs Sherwood Pines – if you're an 11y old girl :)’ is closed to new replies.