Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Llandegla – still closed this weekend?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Do you think?

Presumably it’s ice that’s the problem?

hora
    Free Member

Their website says no- best to call on the morning I reckon

steve_b77
    Free Member

It was well and truly closed last weekend, I’d defo phone

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I’ve phoned and it’s closed now but they’re not sure about weekend. There’s a few of us planning a trip there so just wondered what the chances were. Never been there in wintry weather before

bakey

Still looks a bit snowy up there (looking from my window…)

glenp
    Free Member

Llandegla have to close when it is icy – not because of the trails but because of the access road, which gets pretty steep towards the car park and can’t be salted.

hora
    Free Member

I rode Llandegla once when it was closed (cafe open but they decided to shut the trail that morning). As I was there I thought sod it. Very snowy however not advisable with hindsight. Hurt yourself and you might be there overnight.

mark_b
    Free Member

Llandegla have to close when it is icy – not because of the trails but because of the access road, which gets pretty steep towards the car park and can’t be salted.

Last time i was there (early December) they closed the trails due to ice on them. Admittedly the car park was also a skating rink and when a biker slipped sideways in front of the trail staff manning the barrier to the first climb that sealed the deal 🙁

glenp
    Free Member

One of the snags with Llandegla is that the trails are fast – they do get quite a few injuries and so have to be cautious.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Fair do’s thanks I’ll call them again on Friday

I_Ache
    Free Member

I hope its open Im of up there on sunday night camping overnight then riding for the first time on monday. I really hope its open.

Are there any alternatives if its still shut?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

any idea about conditions at CYB?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla – still closed this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.