Llandegla Skills Courses – Anyone been?

Home Forum Bike Forum Llandegla Skills Courses – Anyone been?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Llandegla Skills Courses – Anyone been?
  • Premier Icon gelert
    Subscriber

Llandegla’s Jumps and Drops course is the best money I’ve spent on any bike.

I did it when The Don was running it and it was great.

Al is an even better coach though and I’ve since had a private lesson with him.

Do it. You will come away with more confidence and skills, I’m sure.

I put up a video of my day all that time ago on YouTube – it’s cringe worthy for me to look back on it now but I couldn’t do any of it then and we successfully did everything in the day. It was awesome. I’ll dig it out.

Premier Icon gelert
    Subscriber

The Jumps and Drops course back then:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op0P7YsW61M[/video]

And more recently on the same jumps. My confidence goes up and down after crashes so I’ve never really mastered jumps that are much bigger than this. Being a safer rider when jumping and dropping is what I wanted to achieve. I now pretty much always crash when cornering and not jumping or dropping so it worked 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E0qn3wz6Ro[/video]

Blackflag

Are these any good? Im thinking of the “Al Bond Jumps and Drops” course. I know the default answer on here is to go see Jedi but thats a bit far away for me.

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

Mate of mine went recently as he got a gift voucher. He’s been mountain biking for years and rides stuff like Llandegla black at a rapid old pace, and is happy to jump small doubles and standard size drops. He said he got a few good tips out of it, but most of what was taught was already within his skill set.

Probably depends on your existing confidence/experience levels.

beiciwr64

I’ve done both courses!
    Al Bond,brilliant coach!
    I did a one to one with him.
    One of the best days i’ve had on a bike and the best money i’ve ever spent on biking.

Blackflag

Excellent. Cheers chaps.

Premier Icon Furious
    Subscriber

Are these any good? Im thinking of the “Al Bond Jumps and Drops” course. I know the default answer on here is to go see Jedi but thats a bit far away for me.

I’ve done both and while I hear you on Jedi being a long way to go (it was for me), it is/was on another level.

That said, my riding did improve after the skills day at Llandegla.

depends what level you ride at. I’ve seen a big group at llandegla (i’m talking 20 people), bunnyhopping over a small log for hours on end, maybe useful for them but also not effective.

It’s worth getting one to one coaching if you can afford it.

leonthepro

Not done the Llandegla course but did a one to one with Andrew Mee (ridewithmee) based around Manchester and one of the best bike related spends I have done. Highly recommended.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.