Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Llandegla red / blue route question
  • Garry_Lager

To those who know Llandegla like the back of your hands – two times now I’ve taken my lad round the red, with the intention of getting on the blue for the last leg, and completely failed to spot the intersection. I’m talking about the spot marked ‘The Leet’ on the map – we do the black B-line bit so come up the valley on a climb, pass the red junction coming down from triplets on our right, and then it’s onto some boardwalk and you’re into the golden trail with no sign of the blue. Where is it?

twistedpencil

Would love to know the answer to this too, that last climb on the red is tough on young legs and it takes you back to the pump track which my lad loves…

steve_b77
    Free Member

I don’t actually think it’s there anymore, I might be wrong but I don’t think you can get back on the blue after the red.

spacey

It’s not obvious, and hard to describe, but you need to look out for it just before the boardwalk section. Not the boardwalk section on the B-line but the next one that wiggles between trees. Just before that, up to the right the red trail joins and the blue trail heads back to the centre and pump tracks.

Does that help?

spacey

It isn’t signposted and you would have to go up trails the wrong way or push up in an off piste style, but you can do it.

tomhoward

On the red after b line, where you are riding along single track next to a small man made stream on your right, there is a left turn to take you down to the red boardwalk. You stay on that single track next to the water. That’s the blue back to the center. Ridden it a couple of times when my legs aren’t feeling up to that last climb

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I think the key bit here revolves around the section with the two black cruxes. The easy one is a steepish cobbled but swoop easy short downhill with a two red chicken chutes on the left. It drops down to the leet. Shortly after that the red drops off left to the proper black crux. It’s about 123 times harder than anything else on the black, a little rocky outcrop with an easier off balance line on the left and a full on line straight over. Before I get flamed by all the degla haters, I need to emphasise that this is only hard in comparison to the rest of llandegla. AGAIN; THIS SECOND CRUX IS AVOIDED By most people on the left. (Scuse caps)

Anyway, hopefully you know the bit of trail I’m thinking of. The blue trail peels off near(or even in between) these two black bits.

But the whole point of what I’m going to say is that this whole little section is bypassed by a bit of single track that traverses in from underneath after the b line. So if you do the b line then you’ll only glimpse it from below. The solution is to take the fire road all the way up after the b line  rather than the single track up hill. Then somewhere amongst the 2 black cruxes you’ll find the blue escape.

It’s a bit weird that doing one bit of black means you miss the next bit… but ho hum

HTH

thegeneralist
    Free Member

pass the red junction coming down from triplets on our right, and then it’s onto

Just reread your post. Triplets is probably those semi gnarrly bits I’m trying to describe. So, Yes, either walk up that section back up to the leet or stay on the fire road after the b line till you can turn left into the top of the triplets

Garry_Lager

Thks all – Don’t think I’ve ever actually ridden that link with the triplets, always ridden B-line. Will have a look around next time we’re there.

thesquaredog
    Free Member

The route you are after, ‘the Leet’, is basically the old red / black ending before the B Line was built. The reason you can’t find it is because the map is wrong! You can’t get to this if you have chosen to do the B Line, at least not without going off piste as someone else said.

To get on to this, instead of turning left on to the boardwalk that starts the b line, you continue straight ahead and skip the b line. Shortly afterwards you have a nice left hand berm followed by two table tops ‘the twins’. After crossing a fire road the trail takes forks into three short parallel bits of trail, ‘the triplets’. About 200m later there is a left turn off which rejoins the red trail after the B Line or you can continue straight ahead following the blue arrow on to the trail you are after.

Quite a nice bit of trail actually if you fancy an easier or shorter ride.

Stu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla red / blue route question’ is closed to new replies.