Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • llandegla parking
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone know what time the man in the hut goes home on a week day?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Have you checked their website?

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Car park gates get locked at 9 apparently. Although i left at half 9 last night after locking my keys in the van (DOH!)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

I know the gates close at nine. The guy in the hut was there when we got there about half five but was gone by the time we left at half seven. Just wondering what time he goes.

Coyote
    Free Member

Why?

Please don’t tell me you are trying to dodge the parking charge?

smeg
    Free Member

£4.50 for weekday evenings is a bit of a rip off though.

philfive
    Free Member

It’s £4.50 at all times. pay thousands for a push iron then refuse to pay £4.50 for parking 😀

Coyote
    Free Member

Yeah I know. £4.50 to leave your car in a car park whilst you get access to over 25KM of trails. 🙄

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

patriotpro
    Free Member

You pay to go in don’t you?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Impressed at some people’s levels of tightness !!! Still shaking my head at trying to get round £4.50 . Bet your one of those c##ts that parks a 20k merc at the bottom of the hill and pedals up !!! Poor effort .

donsimon
    Free Member

Impressed at some people’s levels of tightness !!! Still shaking my head at trying to get round £4.50 . Bet your one of those c##ts that parks a 20k merc at the bottom of the hill and pedals up !!! Poor effort .

*Wonders how many £4.50s one needs to be able to buy a shiny Merc…*

fatalbert
    Free Member

I dont mind the £4.50 charge, it helps gets rid of the loose £5 notes I have lying about.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I dont mind the £4.50 charge, it helps gets rid of the loose £5 notes I have lying about.

A 50p tip for the man in the shed…now that’s a class act.

tomhoward

don simon – Member

*Wonders how many £4.50s one needs to be able to buy a shiny Merc…*

4445 with a couple of extra quid for sweetz

loddrik
    Free Member

Just park at the bottom and ride up, I’ve pretty much always done that, even when parking was free.

KonaTC

From my last visit I baulked at the £4.50 charge especially to take part in Russian ’rip the bottom out of your car’ roulette.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Dalby Parking = £9.00 now that’s a swiz. 😯

£4.50 for Llandegla – abart rate i’d say.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member
    Dalby Parking = £9.00 now that’s a swiz.

Dalby Toll road is £9…

Parking is free..

project
    Free Member

Park at the pub for free further up the road and cycle down, or at the fishery, and totally piss off the owners, when their customers cant park, or just perhaps park at the horseshoe pass, oposite the ponderosa cafe, and cycle the rest of the way.

donsimon
    Free Member

Or ride from home, cars are killing the planet.

Rorschach
    Free Member

idiots are killing the planet.

surfer
    Free Member

Just park at the bottom and ride up, I’ve pretty much always done that, even when parking was free.

Loddrick you rascal!

I sometimes do that if I get there before it opens, I did have an annual pass though.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member
    patriotpro – Member
    Dalby Parking = £9.00 now that’s a swiz.
    Dalby Toll road is £9…

Parking is free..

So can you park ‘in’ Dalby for free?

frazered
    Free Member

Degla is cheap. Whinlatter was 9 squids the other day. Man the frick up. Parking fees are a main source of income for trail centres.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

So can you park ‘in’ Dalby for free?

If you can get down the toll road without paying, yes..

Onzadog
    Free Member

All that gobbing off and no one actually was able to answer the question.

There’s clearly a period of time during the week where the owners don’t object to people not paying. If they did, they would close the gates earlier or keep the guy in the car park hut longer.

If by getting there 30 minutes later, I fall into the window, why wouldn’t I?

Shock announcement, some people on here do actually need to watch the pennies where possible. Not everyone is an over paid Audi driving, Orange 5 owning overweight IT consultant you know.

gk74

Not feeling a lot of love from this column! Bottom line nothing is free in life, the magic trail fairies didn’t build llandegla or maintain it without incurring any costs. Hence carpark fees.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Shock announcement, some people on here do actually need to watch the pennies where possible. Not everyone is an over paid Audi driving, Orange 5 owning overweight IT consultant you know.

That be as may but Llandegla is a privately owned estate that pays for the build and maintenance of the trails with the parking fees. If everyone did what you are suggesting there would be no more trails there to ride.

julians
    Free Member

There’s clearly a period of time during the week where the owners don’t object to people not paying. If they did, they would close the gates earlier or keep the guy in the car park hut longer.

If by getting there 30 minutes later, I fall into the window, why wouldn’t I?

There a pay and display machine for those times where the man isnt present (or at least there used to be – maybe its gone now).

I dont think they have a ‘happy hour’ where they give the parking away for free.

whytetrash

Pay and displays gone now, we tend to park in the pub on week nights, no pressure to be back by a set time and BOGOF deals on meals are good!

Plus a post ride beer helps the wider local economy 😆

julians
    Free Member

Pay and displays gone now

In which case, looks like they do have a happy hour on parking, so OP, go for it.

Coyote
    Free Member

So, how far are you driving and how many in the car?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Helping the wider economy is great BUT how much does the pub give towards the trails your riding ? Like previously said if we all don’t pay we don’t get new and maintained trails !

donsimon
    Free Member

If I ride there from home, where should I pay?

whytetrash

Helping the wider economy is great BUT how much does the pub give towards the trails your riding ?

Oh I think they are getting by ok up there, probably doing a lot better than most places in N Wales!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘llandegla parking’ is closed to new replies.