Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Llandegla or Forest of Dean – Help me decide
  • sandwicheater

Bike park Wales this Saturday (mini brag).

Would like to get a wee bit of riding on the Friday when we head down. Our route/s can take in either of the above.

Know nothing about the riding in the Forrest of Dean, worth a trip?

I’m leaning to FOD as i’ve not ridden their.

Or, anything waaay better near FOD.

Cheers

dove1

I’d go for FoD if you haven’t ridden there before. It’s definitely worth a trip.

The trails are good and the new pump track and jumps & drops skills area are great for learning and practicing.

The café is very good as well.

peteimpreza

I’d go for FoD if you haven’t ridden there before. It’s definitely worth a trip , especially if you can find you way to Dowies…………………….

Simon

If it were me FoD.

Everytime I’ve been to Llandegla I’ve been underwhelmed, I just can’t see why it’s so popular. The car park has always been almost full though so maybe it’s just me?

sandwicheater

I think we have a winner, FOD it is.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Fod for sure as it had an uplift and the dh runs are excellent. Not ridden the normal trails for many years though

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Llandegla is a proper trail centre and pretty good despite committing the biggest of all sins in that it finishes on a stonking climb.

FoD is a bit more varied. I wasn’t impressed by their trails, but there is alot of other stuff there and it’s all excellent and as challenging as you like. You don’t need to pay for uplift…it is cyclable..takes about 20 mins or so to get up on the bike, though if you’re doing that all day it might get a bit tiring. If/when I go again I’d probably pay for the uplift and not bother with the trails.

Thought Llandegla is worth a visit if you like a trail centre in a decision between the two I’d choose FoD.

mindmap3
    Free Member

If it were me FoD.

Everytime I’ve been to Llandegla I’ve been underwhelmed, I just can’t see why it’s so popular. The car park has always been almost full though so maybe it’s just me?

Not just you – not a fan of Llandegla either. Parts of the black are good fun, but the red back to the café just feels like a slog. Quite like the skills area and the café though.

I really like FOD but I usually end up just mucking about in the skills area or riding the DH trails.

joebristol

If you fancied getting in another uplift then Black Mountain Cycle Center isn’t a million miles form BPW and it’s very different. Less surfaced trails that are a little smoother, but really big tabletops and lips / berms and it’s great fun. I think I prefer it to BPW – it’s also much less commercial / busy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla or Forest of Dean – Help me decide’ is closed to new replies.