Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LLandegla – New Michelin Line
  • fossy

Off to Deggers next week with some mates. Will do the usual black then head for the ‘blue’ after for the new Michelin Line.

Where is it – I was there before it opened whilst it was still being finished off, but never spotted it, despite riding the black and then the blue (although finding an impaled rider may have distracted me a bit).

I believe it’s off the blue somewhere – will this be before you hit the trees after the first fast descent ? We fancy having a bit of fun on it after the first lap.

I’ve tried strava heat maps but can’t see it yet.

davros

I can’t describe it well but we found it from the red route on the day it opened, but didn’t actually ride it. At a fairly high point I think, not far after the first split for the red and black options. But I’m not sure if that was the start or end of it.

spacey

They point it out towards the end of this video https://www.trailforks.com/video/91743/

joebristol

Is this the big berms kind of run you’re talking about?

We were at Degla a few weeks ago and before lunch we did the whole red but taking every black option possible. We were a bit underwhelmed by the red (which is pretty much a blue anywhere else) but liked most of the black bits (which are really reds). We looked at the map and wondered if we could ride that first long climb, then cut off onto the blue and where the viewpoint is listed on the map cut down to where the decent blacks start. Obviously didn’t work as no way to cut through – but I think that new run may do that job nicely. It’s not very far round the blue and cuts off to the left – you won’t miss it – the berms are huge and obvious! Looked great fun – but was still being built when we were there – had a massive digger on it at the time.

dirkpitt74

I couldn’t find this the other day – we only rode the red though.

fossy

It’s the new berms. Looks like it’s from the Shotton Viewpoint but still trying to remember it. We do the blue as a second hit, but usually you are doing some blooming speed on that first blue descent towards the forest. Thing is, the ‘views’ change each time you go with the forestry. The B Line boardwalk now had quite big fir trees next to it, after many years with nearly nothing.

lawman91

Two ways to get to it really, you can follow the blue and it then cuts off to the Michelin once you come back out of the trees after the first blue descent.

Alternatively, follow the red from Snowdon view, but when it then says turn left from one fire road to another via the short new-ish connecting trail, head straight on until you hit the blue and then you’re where you would be from following the blue as outlined first. You can’t miss it once you’re on the blue!

It’s alright, I’ve done it 4 or 5 times now and some of the berms have amazing support, others not so much. It’s bedding in better and better but for me it needs a little work to make it properly fun. I just hope they don’t continue with this trend of building ever smoother, flowy 6-foot wide trail stuff. Bring back some tighter, more techy singletrack. I always think that short section of the old red with 3 or 4 corners one after the other is one of the best sections there, plenty of other places to ride if you want go jumping and fail miserably as most people I see riding up there do!

Blackflag
    Free Member

If you try and head to it by staying on the blue, i wouldn’t bother. Its certainly not worth cutting out the red and black bits.

The best way is to add it in as an additional loop. Turn left up the fire road after the “badgers rise” black section rejoins the red. Ride the new line and then stay on the red until it brings you back to where you started.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘LLandegla – New Michelin Line’ is closed to new replies.