Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • llandegla
  • Shorty12
    Free Member

If I want to do a few laps during the light hours then carry on during the night where’s best to park?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

There’s a layby a few hundred yards past the access road.

I’ve used it when arriving when the trails should be open only to find a locked gate and queue of cars waiting for someone to bother to arrive.

The gates are locked though, which means that the trails are shut too. I didn’t mind bunking over as when I did, the trails should have been open.

hora
    Free Member

Make sure someone knows you are there

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Make sure someone knows you are there

Why, phones don’t usually work there and the ambulance won’t be able to get to the trails because the gate will be locked.

Just accept certain death if you come off.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Please Help Us To Help You!
    Parking on the access road, in lay-bys and gateways is inconvenient to our neighbours and creates additional hazards for drivers, cyclists, walkers and horse riders.
    Parking outside the centre in anticipation of a late evening ride is not permitted. Expansion of the trail network will be jeopardised if you fail to comply with centre opening hours.

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

park in coedpoeth and link up worlds end quarry into the ride too

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Please Help Us To Help You!
    Parking on the access road, in lay-bys and gateways is inconvenient to our neighbours and creates additional hazards for drivers, cyclists, walkers and horse riders.

If they bothered to open on Sundays when they are supposed to open, I wouldn’t find myself having to use the layby off the main road would I?

To me, opening the gates 45 minutes late is a bit rubbish and it wasn’t like it was an isolated incident either. I arrive on time, I drive up, I turn around (if the gates are locked) I drive down the access road to the car park, I park in the roadside layby, which, as far as I am aware, I am allowed to.

Open when they are meant to open and I’ll happily pay to use their car park.

I agree about riding within opening hours however.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Is this the same for cannock as well?

tonto
    Free Member

The reason thet sometimes open late is because they have to remove all the dead bodies from the previous days’ night ride and reset the traps.

hora
    Free Member

Cheeky parking/use of cannock is unfair. FC can see revenues/use etc and may give more money for the trails.

jekkyl

Cannock trails don’t close, use the little carpark opposite the tackeroo campsite and cycle straight onto the dog at the tackeroo bit. I’ve been on Cannock in the dark though and the forest is very intimidating never the werewolves, pigmen and/or cucumbers!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘llandegla’ is closed to new replies.