Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 4,166 total)
  • Liz! Truss!
  • grahamt1980

They are a bunch of delusional morons.
    But i still think this is deliberate disaster capitalism, but they were not expecting such dramatic blowback

cojacal

#trussterfuck surely self explanatory

#trussterfuck

ernielynch

kelvin Full Member

I dont think they will replace her.

That’s not a quote from me. Show me the full post.

I don’t think they’ll replace her this week but I think it is highly likely that they will replace her.

You said that I “claimed” they wouldn’t replace her. That is false, I don’t make predictions just offer possibilities. It’s you that appears to enjoy making predictions Kelvin.

I assume you threw that claim in because you didn’t know how to respond to my analogy with two years before the 1992 general election?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernielynch

kimbers Full Member
    She’s toast

KK will have to go first

I reckon it is highly likely that she will replace him in an attempt to save her own skin.

But I can’t see her realistically surviving long term.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Truss to go.

BJ to ride back to power.

Ethics committee find him guilty of lying and he’s forced to resign again.

Not sure whatll happen after that. I suspect a interdimensional rift and we start going backwards through previous Tory PMs for the next two years.

I know they can’t hand in the letters and get her out yet but it’ll only take them voting against accepting the mini budget or something and she’d be gone.

tjagain

I said i dont think they will replace her

Don’t mix me and Ernie ip. I don’t know which of us would be more discombobulated and it might cause a flaw in tbe space time continuum

zippykona
    ernielynch

I said i dont think they will replace her

I’m not sure why you think that but you should have a read of this. It’s already 3 days old but now the situation is even more critical for Truss.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/fed-up-tory-mps-already-28084637.amp

theotherjonv

what an absolute **** of a man on Newsnight tonight.

[edit Daniel Kawczynski, apparently]

kelvin

Don’t mix me and Ernie ip. I don’t know which of us would be more discombobulated and it might cause a flaw in tbe space time continuum

Sorry to both of you! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I assume you threw that claim in because you didn’t know how to respond to my analogy with two years before the 1992 general election?

No, just shit reading skills. The big difference is that in 1990 the Tory party hadn’t already pissed away a “rebuild with a new leader” opportunity by choosing someone quite so obviously unsuited for high office as Liz Truss. Liz Truss. They made Liz Truss PM. Prime Minister. Liz Truss! Prime Minister!

dazh

The point I was making was that, for whatever reasons, the opinion polls were very similar to today and yet in the general election two years later the Tories still managed to win.

Ernie makes an excellent point here. The major danger for labour now is complacency and hubris. We all remember Kinnock’s self-congratulatory f*** up. Labour can still screw this up, and to avoid it they should be doubling down on what the voters are clearly signalling. Which is that they’ve had enough of being f***** over by a tiny rich elite who think they can continue to serve their own interests with impunity.

somafunk

Christ……the tories must be so **** desperate at the moment as all they could muster for Question Time was the right wing libertarian despicable poisoned smurf Paul Scully.

Yeah, you probably haven’t heard of him before but he’s been investigated many times for lobbying and other issues regarding his think tanks. If you can think of a political no-no, it’s safe to say his grubby little hands are all over it.

I thought Liz Truss was the only Labour sleeper agent, if that’s the case then Scully will cripple the tories further with whatever shite he regurgitates tonight.

kimbers

Another lie exposed

Caher

right wing libertarian despicable poisoned smurf Paul Scully

Ah that’s who it is. I thought it was Elvis Costello after a bender. Although he’s a bit of a blithering idiot.

somafunk

Nice to see we have a true blue Tory anal plant tnight on QT, he’s even called Dave.

somafunk

Here’s Dave, don’t be a Dave.

nickc

What a trusstafuck

Can’t fire Kwasi, (because they’re in it together), can’t change her mind, because not doing that’s her “USP”, can’t call GE because she’d loose – Badly enough to put the Cons out of power for a decade.

Perhaps she’s just hoping to be sacked, so she can claim “stabbed in back” by the men in grey suits.

hels
    Free Member

We need to stop judging her with rational fact based logic (Captain) and remember that she is not living on the same planet as us, thinks she is competent enough to be Prime Minister and notorious for cynical turnabouts to get ahead. In Truss World this could all be changed and the reversal presented as a genius idea that she had all along and is a the best move for her pro-growth agenda and will save us all and only she can do it (etc etc) (actually no I guarantee she pronounces it “ick-cetera”)

FB-ATB

Going to see the OBR- it’s like 2 naughty children being sent to the headmaster

winston
    Free Member

My genuine worry is that she can actually make things worse in Ukraine. If the markets were jittery and looking for a useful idiot to pin this recent carnage on then that goes double for Putin. He is already on the edge and one wrong move from Britain, one very ill judged piece of intel brought into the open, one  pledge to put boots in ‘Russia’ (wherever it is deemed to be) that hasnt been properly thought out and agreed with other Nato members is just the spark he’s looking for to escalate to the next level.

Imagine if the UK was held responsible for some dumb move that achieved that…….it doesn’t bear thinking about but after this week I wouldnt be suprised by anything these idiots do.

binners

Going to see the OBR- it’s like 2 naughty children being sent to the headmaster

There’s a government minister trying to justify this on Radio 4 at the moment

I’ve never heard such gibbering horse-shit in my life

It’s an absolute insult to everyone’s intelligence how they’re now trying to spin this. I’m incredulous that a government minister is even trying to wing it with such obviously unbelievable nonsense

If this is the tack they’re going to take them I expect the pound will go into freefall again

Absolute ****ing clowns!!

kimbers

I’m incredulous that a government minister is even trying to wing it with such obviously unbelievable nonsense

Ever since brexit they’ve just not bothered even vaguely being hones twhen they have a legion of outriders in the press & rentagobs on social media willing to legitimise their ideology they know they can brazen it out.

matt_outandabout

Yep, that’s no change from Little Alexander just brazening it out.

scratch
    Free Member

Id barely trust them to be able to find the OBR office and not end up at Peppa pig world or somewhere by mistake

Nosebag economics coming at ya’

Caher

Lifelong Tories on the 5live phone-in saying they’d vote Labour as they now occupy the centre ground. Conservative party has gone too far right.

intheborders
    Free Member

Ever since brexit they’ve just not bothered even vaguely being hones twhen they have a legion of outriders in the press & rentagobs on social media willing to legitimise their ideology they know they can brazen it out.

This.

And it’s the B-word again – when you open the door to scoundrels, liars & cheats what do folk expect.

kimbers

And another one

matt_outandabout

Mash nails it again.

“Essentially we’ve got an economic Putin at the wheel. Anyone who doesn’t liquidate their assets and flee the country only has themselves to blame.”

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/ah-shes-fking-insane-realises-britain-20220929226267

martinhutch

Don’t worry, they’ve done some sums and we’re better off. <checks workings>. Oh, hang on, I put the decimal point in the wrong place, it’s all bullshit.

jp-t853

Those HM Treasury numbers are what you would expect to see from a Scam artist. This cannot be acceptable

stevextc
    Free Member

grahamt1980

They are a bunch of delusional morons.
    But i still think this is deliberate disaster capitalism, but they were not expecting such dramatic blowback

In what way didn’t they expect the dramatic blowback? Do you mean public opinion or the markets and economy?
    Perhaps they didn’t expect “the people” to actually care but they must have known the effect on the markets otherwise they would be doing something to actually calm it rather than their current pouring more petrol on.

singletrackmind

Going to see the OBR for an emergency meeting sets alarm bells ringing in every financial institution in the county, and is like shutting the stable door, after a massive fire has burnt the stable to the ground and all thats left is a smouldering pile of ashes

Idiot economics. Attach the brick to a length of elastic, pull it a little and nothing happens, pull it abit more, still nothing, give it a tug and get a brick in your face. Thats the analogy of KK workings

scratch
    Free Member

To my mind theres no grand plan here, if there was they’d be better, more thought out excuses being given, rather than the dead air and denial we saw yesterday.

The guys behind them are looking for short term wins and disappearing with their winnings, there’s nothing ‘grand’ or long term apart from potentially a long line f-ups creating more quick wins that the party won’t put up with for long

This is not Conservative by any means, it’s idiotic gambling, their reputation as a party will soon be in tatters.

binners

The Guardian this morning quoted an unnamed Tory MP as saying ‘like going back to read the manual once you’ve already broken the thing’

nickc

You’ve burned my house down

Yes, but we should look at the fact that I was cooking tea.

You’ve burned my house down!

Look, there was a lot of concern about what there was going to be for tea tonight

YOU’VE BURNED MY HOUSE DOWN!

I’m simply not going to say that I was wrong to be cooking tea

I DON’T HAVE A HOUSE ANYMORE

Can we talk about what I was making for tea? I’m worried that it’s being overshadowed by just this one aspect of the preparation of tea

Experts are saying that there will be no tea, lunch or breakfast so some time to come, any comment?

[pause, some shuffling]

Let’s recall the situation we were in before I started cooking.

kelvin

The OBR should have asked Starmer and Reeves to that meeting (as well). There are a hard two years ahead… treating this is a (possible) transition period might reassure people that whoever is in charge after the next election is fully briefed.

binners

Brutal from John Crace

TiRed

I think that HM Treasury tweet was a sleeper post from a disgruntled Civil Servant who knew exactly what they were doing. Easy to approve it without thinking £30k mortgage and an errr £500k deposit required.

scratch
    Free Member

How much are we expecting council taxes to rise once the spending cuts get flushed through?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 4,166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.