• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by rob2.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Livid doesn't even come close
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Left work on the Brompton, taxi deliberately swerves at me and comes to a full stop and I have to take evasive action. He’s done this on the pretence of picking up a fare, except there isn’t one. Then the arse in the driver winds down the windows and snarls ‘next time’ at me. W T actual F??? I then get out of site asap before he goes at me again and F me, he does the same to another cyclist. Why the hell are these type of people allowed outside without a responsible adult. This was 1/2 hour ago and I’m still wound up! This wasn’t an accidental ‘amidst’ thing, it was a deliberate aggressive intimidating attack.

Yes, he’s being reported. Scum like this shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near anything with an engine

boxelder

Report and let it go.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Return later in disguise, get in his cab & defecate on the back seat.

benp1

Sorry to hear that you got involved with another numpty. I try not to let it annoy me too much but some of the special ones still do

At least you’re taking a better form of transport, having more fun, and not getting degraded by uber

epicsteve
    Free Member

Violence is always an option…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, he’s being report officially to the police and the people who issue taxi licenses. I fully expect sod all to happen, but who knows, he may have a long list of previous.

spectraken
    Free Member

Nothing a spark plug can’t fix 😉

sharkattack

Brompton just out of shot,

jekkyl

find the cab and get in with a recording device, tell him you hate cyclists and how you wish they weren’t on the road, record his reponses. Hopefully a confession as to how he has actually caused bodily harm to a cyclist.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well done for reporting, and for not getting involved. You are a better man than me.

Had a toe-to-toe with some idiot last week after he gave me a load of abuse for riding in secondary position as we approached a red light together.

He got out and shouted at me: “Read the Highway Code, cyclists are not permitted more than 3ft from the kerb.”

I was too flabbergasted to even swear, for once. Just told him to go and check on that and to try to learn some manners while he was at it.

Lot of aggro on the roads so far this year. I blame Brexit (seriously).

submarined
    Free Member

Report it to your local council. I can tell you categorically that if you reported it to the one local to me it certainly wouldn’t be ignored.

benp1

It’s situations like this that make me consider getting a camera for the commute

Shortly afterwards common sense gets the better of me and I remove that thought.

It’s bloody annoying though. And unfortunately violence doesn’t fix the issue, however tempting. You’ve nearly always got more to lose than the aggressor

DT78
    Free Member

Yesterday roads were mental in southampton must have been an accident somewhere resorted to riding slowly on the pavement at choke points for safety (wrong I know but I was wearing cleats so walking not an option)

Round a blind bend I nearly got flattened by a car, who was also on the pavement….I mean wtf….

Rorschach
    Free Member

*Whilst I do not condone violence.
    -You can do a hell of a lot of £’s damage to a car VERY quickly.
    -You are virtually untraceable
    -It feels GREAT
    YMMV

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Cross boots with studs.
    Very cross boots…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This was in London and was a ‘Black Cab’, so reporting to the council will be about as effective as a farting competition in a wind tunnel.

Anyway, reported, so we shall see (not holding my breath!)

For any other London riders, here’s a useful link https://beta.met.police.uk/report/report-a-road-traffic-incident/

Interestingly you can report Advance Stop Line infringements as well – I could spend all day doing that!!!

Waiting to get the official way of reporting to the TFL taxi licensing people as well

EDIT: at the end of the Met reporting thing it says “Thank you
    Your report will be used to improve our information about individuals and locations in London, and may help us to resolve the issue you’ve raised.”, which doesn’t fill me with a warm feeling of legal retribution

rob2
    Free Member

Fold your Brompton up and ask him for a lift next time ;-). He sounds like a total tool

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Livid doesn't even come close’ is closed to new replies.