Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Liverpool Triathlon
  • jester
    Free Member

I work for Liverpool City Council and they asked for a relay team for the Liverpool Triathlon in June (a free place). My manager is a keen runner and I have volunteered for the cycle and we have a swimmer. I have been training on my Zasker but I don't have a road bike! does anyone know if you can hire decent road bikes anywhere or can anyone possibly lend me a bike? Obviously I am not going to be very competitive on my bike.

Any tips would also be greatly appreciated.

cp

slick tyres on your road bike, and maybe some bar ends, you'll prob be as quick as on a road bike for the first time…

If you do hire/borrow one, it's worth using one a few times before the event as they are quite different to an MTB.

project
    Free Member

Try the Giant store ottom of Parliment st,near Cains brewery.

jester
    Free Member

I used to ride a road bike 20 years ago but it's long gone now. I'm going to try that Giant shop at the weekend, they do hire bikes there but I think they're family fun bikes, they might have a demo bike I could borrow though. Thanks

keavo
    Free Member

buy one, you'll want to do a triathlon solo after this:-)

jester
    Free Member

give me 3 grand for a tri bike then

keavo
    Free Member

you won't be competetive on your mtb, but you won't be alone if the search for a road bike fails. can't help with the 3 grand.

loddrik
    Free Member

Jester, get me a job in the planning dept and I'll steal one for you (scouser in shows true colours shocker….).

project
    Free Member

Jester make sure you chain your bike to something as when you come out of the water in your Chemical/biological suit, if you swim in the Mersey,your bike may have gone,

loddrik
    Free Member

Project – that's a corker! 🙄

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool Triathlon’ is closed to new replies.