Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Liverpool or Birmingham?
  • pondo

From the Bewdley bypass to Five Ways island shows as 20 miles and 53 minutes as of right now, according to Google maps – that’s not ferociously slow, for rush hour, is it?

pondo

because they are still ashamed they gave us SLADE

They were the first act to achieve three singles enter at number one with 17 consecutive top 20 hits and six number ones. The British Hit Singles & Albums names them as the most successful British group of the 1970s based on sales of singles. A number of diverse artists have cited Slade as an influence, including Nirvana and the Smashing Pumpkins, the Ramones, Sex Pistols, the Undertones, the Runaways and the Clash, Kiss, Mötley Crüe, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Poison and Def Leppard, the Replacements, Cheap Trick and Oasis.

🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Like – I don’t want to come over all Birmingham Tourist Board or anything, but people are bigging up Liverpool about stuff that Birmingham also has.

Sea, beaches, docks, ferry?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    prawny

More miles of canals than venice. Possibly more human faeces by the side of said canals too.

The midlands has a reputation for being crap, some of it is deserved, but I like it here. The Mrs can’t stand brum though, so YMMV

scruff
    Free Member

Do you like The Beetles or Black Sabbath?

Sonia or Duran Duran?

Atomic Kitten or Napalm Death?

pondo

Sea, beaches, docks, ferry?

Sorry – my quote was specifically with reference to people saying things like clubs, museums, galleries, eateries, theatres and the like. Sea and beach access IS limited, of course – there is Gas Street Basin, where the canal networks meet, which has an abundance of nice places to eat and drink, but there aren’t any ferries that I’m aware of. Which is, I think, a point in Birmingham’s favour. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool or Birmingham?’ is closed to new replies.