Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Liverpool / Merseyside Rides
  • lucien

Any good riding to be had where my bike and my life would be safe? Work takes me up that way for a few weeks and want to take the MTB. Will have a car, and staying in the city centre. Happy to explore with maps / gps as needed. Cheers 😀

samuri
    Free Member

The transpennine trail goes right through the middle of Liverpool. All the way to southport and hull.
    It’s a bit flat mind but it is offroad.

Otherwise, head to Rivington or delamere.

lucien

Are either Rivington and Delamere any good i.e. worth a 30 mile drive / 60 mile round trip for an evening ride?

Garry_Lager

Nowt on the doorstep, and I mean nowt. Car makes all the difference though, 1 hr can put you in reach of loads of places (NW ales, edge of Peak, S Lakes etc ).
    Big road scene in Liverpool if that’s your thing.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Dealamere is good for a few hours whizz round of an evening or dare I say it Llandegla is approx 50 mins from liverpool. Can’t comment on Rivington personally but there’s plenty there. There’s also ( further afield) Phillips park in Radcliffe / bury area which is around 50 mins away; good for an hours’ blast but probably not worth the 2hr round trip I suppose! Besides that I’m unaware of any decent trails in liverpool itself besides the TPT.

timc
    Free Member

LLandegla, clwyds (if dry) & Delamere best bet from city centre in rush hour, getting to Rivi can be a pain at that time of day…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Considering what you have to ride in Liverpool Rivvy is worth it but in general it is probably not worth it to travel that far for rivvy

I reckon it is about an hour at pootle speed but you dont want to be at the end of the M58 between 5:30 ish and 6:30 ish as it is a nightmare

E-mail in profile if you want a tour of rivvy

timc
    Free Member

plus you dont want to be travelling from city centre via switch island or east lancs at those times, wales deffo the safer bet traffic wise

BTW if your on a HT & fancy a xc leg stretch i can take you on a good 30-40 miles ride mainly off road but completely flat, canals, cycle paths etc

mrphil
    Free Member

Pop through the tunnel, you have the Wirral Way.Some great single track here taking in most points of the coast, mileage wise around 25.

Deleamere as stated, fair few rides happen with 2 bike shops, 1250 bikes on a Wed (SteveB will have more info on times etc) or Trax on a Thursday at 6.30pm. Friendly bunch of riders with great forest experience so ghe rides are always different and not ‘all fire road’

Llandegla is around 35-40 miles from the centre of Liverpool, easier to take the Wallesey Tunnel to get there. They do mid week night rides on a Wed night till 9pm.

Hope this helps

Phil

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool / Merseyside Rides’ is closed to new replies.