Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Liverpool Locals – Indian Restaurant advice please
  • cb

Hi

Hopefully not a repeat post, first one dissappeared!

As above, looking for an Indian sit down restaurant rather than take away only kind of place. Central Liverpool and ‘nice’ rather than plastic chairs also selling pizza!

Any pointers appreciated!

cheese@4p

Mowgli

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yep, Mowgli – really good. Not big and posh but fantastic

cb

Alternates also appreciated in case Mowgli is full! Not sure how many poeple are out and about these days.

weeksy

Mowgli is a bit ‘chain’ though isn’t it… even if nice… is it ‘different’, ‘authentic’ ? Dunno… i’ve only been to the one in Oxford but i feel Indian should be more a local thing over a business thing.

cb

Is Liverpool really this bad for ‘traditional’ style curry houses?

pacawadd
    Free Member

Sanskruti is a really good vegetarian Indian also Yukti

sharkbait
    Free Member

Alternates also appreciated in case Mowgli is full!

There are/were two.

bazzer
    Free Member

Dostana in Woolton Village is really good, though not in the centre. Not that far though.

timc
    Free Member

As well as Mowgli, Id happily recommend the below based on good dining experience

Barton Rouge by the Town Hall

EastzEast in Kings Dock

konagirl
    Free Member

eastZeast is a group of restaurants from Manchester, traditional British-Punjabi food with elephant ear naan bread, but their location is very modern, big ceilings and so a bit noisy and impersonal. But reliable.

Yukti, Mowgli and Bundobust are modern street food places.

Traditional curry houses on Renshaw St, UNI has booths or Indian Delight. They get the post-pub crowd so the decor isn’t upmarket.

If you want nice I would try Sanskuti, Barton Rouge, Sultan’s Palace or EastZeast.

LeeW

I can’t for the life of me recall the name but there was one on London Road (I think) which was incredible.

IIRC, it was Gordon Ramsey’s favourite Indian restaurant*

*this was what the staff told me around 12 years ago.

Edit, the Maharaja

cb

Mowgli it was, first time for me and very nice indeed!

Thanks for suggestions all

andy4d

Bookmarking

andylc
    Free Member

Not an answer to your question but if you fancy Chinese instead, Yuet Ben (opposite the Chinese arch) is amazing, very friendly and the most amazing food. Chilli beef and carrot dish is the best.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

My mate swears by Bombay 8 down the 62 in Warrington, okay if you’re driving and probably a good idea to avoid the pissheads.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool Locals – Indian Restaurant advice please’ is closed to new replies.