Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Liverpool..
  • althepal

Don’t think it appeared in the top ten hated cities thread so hoping that’s a good omen.
    Going there this weekend for a stag, anyone got any suggestions for good pubs and clubs? Where to avoid etc?
    Will be 10 lads, all reasonably sensible and should be smartly enough dressed.
    Was there a coupla years ago but was with the wife who was 8 months pregnant so not the liveliest weekend ever!
    Any suggestions for suitable pubs and clubs would be appreciated from any locals!
    Cheers.
    Ps, apologies in advance if you see a bunch of drunk scots wandering around the city centre round about closing time!

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Scots are fine in Liverpool,drunk or otherwise, in fact Scots are considered to be honorary Scousers as the English hate us both.

project
    Free Member

Will be 10 lads, all reasonably sensible and should be smartly enough dressed.

The area around Victoria street and, Stanley street are 2 of the most freindly in the city centre, you should get a good welcome.

althepal

Yeah, kinda thought that would be the case.. Stayed at the museum end of Dale St and can find my way down to Liverpool 1 kinda way… Any good areas or streets to go to? Or avoid?
    Any hints welcome!

althepal

Cheers project! Think I know roughly where they are!

anto164
    Free Member

matthews street for the cavern and a few other places, but concert square for the better area.

project
    Free Member

Think of the radio city tower as the centre, the tower with a donut at the top,up hill is lime street station, down hill, down church st leads to Lord street,Liverpool 1 is on the left,by mcdonalds, mathew street is on the right diagonally, along with stanley and victoria street.

concert square is a bit rough or was.

Enjoy the buzz of the city, it been so redeveloped in the last few years, just e careful where you park though.

SaxonRider

I added Liverpool to the list of crap cities last night. Just after I seconded Salford.

I was quite strident. I’m amazed no one noticed.

Bregante

just be careful where you park though.

May I suggest Warrington? 😀

iain1775
    Free Member

Matthew Street then head across town to concert square area and finish in club on seal street or if it’s a nice day do in reverse as concert square has some outside bars

althepal

Ta much to one and all!
    Parking wise we’re staying in bro borough so it’ll be taxis to and from the city at night..
    Starting to look forward to it now!

surfer
    Free Member

I added Liverpool to the list of crap cities last night

I think you will find Mr O responded.

sefton
    Free Member

news just in – Liverpool uses more bailiffs than any where else in the country!

anyway…dont bother…or go to Manchester 😉

SiB
    Free Member

Whats the age range of stag party? Drinks or drugs….as with every city there’s places for drinkers and places for takers. And no, I’m not saying its right or wrong!

samuri
    Free Member

Parking wise we’re staying in bro borough so it’ll be taxis to and from the city at night..

I’d park in liverpool if I were you.

timc
    Free Member

Is that your staying in Brombourgh on the wirral? odd choice?

Anyway as said above it depends on age & what your into… Friday or Saturday?

Being from Scotland, I doubt you will find any part of the city centre rough, Ive been to Glasgow, Ayr, Dundee, Aberdeen! Nothing to worry about! 😉

Victoria Street end of town as recommended, Smarter side of town with regards to bars, maybe harder for a Stag do to navigate though.

Concert Square is other side of city centre. Very mainstream, Walkabouts, Reflex, Lots of commercial mainstream bars & the people that come with it! its a love hate area only you will know if it suits or not

St Peter’s Square area, Just up from Concert Sqaure, Contains Bars called Peacocks, New Revolution, Igloo, Alma De Cuba, then up the road, Mojo & Heebie Jebbies which are open until 3-4am.

I would recommend the St Peter’s Square area for a stag do & for friends, its the best compromise & from the listed Bar’s there is something for everyone!

Note… As with most places, large groups of lads wont get it, something you can’t avoid, really is strict sometimes, so you will want to go upto doors in 2’s-3’s max to be safe! Annoying I know!

If your into a late one, Nightclubs, several options, my choice would be Garlands / Bedlam, G-Bar, Passion, all in the victoria street / Dale Street area.

althepal

Samuri, hotel wise I had no choice in the matter, I’m just going along with it.
    Not organising the do but I know how these things can pan out so knowing the names of a few areas and places to go is always handy to have.
    Usual night out rules apply as always if not more so on a stagger timc, some good info there. Ta much!

surfer
    Free Member

Is that your staying in Brombourgh on the wirral? odd choice?

Taxi’s will charge a premium for taking you “over the water” (although you will be going under it!)

samuri
    Free Member

I reckon since you are staying on the Wirral (what’s the name of the place?), you should at least travel to Liverpool in a bit more style than a taxi.

Try getting a ferry across, there’s even a tube train that goes under the mersey!

timc
    Free Member

its actually the overground train that goes under the mersey! 😉

Train from Brombourgh to Moorfields / central will pretty frequent (several and hour)

SiB
    Free Member

Taxi wont be too much from Bromborough £15 i reckon. But why go to Liverpool when you’re staying on the Wirral, go to the place that would have come first on the other days post on ‘which is the most vile town in Britain’ if it had met the criteria…..BIRKENHEAD. Honestly, its an eye opener, you’ll never forget it for all the wrong reasons!!

samuri
    Free Member

BIRKENHEAD. Honestly, its an eye opener, you’ll never forget it for all the wrong reasons!!

/Phones wife.
    “you should see what they’re saying about your home town love. I know, cocks.

I’d keep an eye on your tyres SiB, and your video recorder. That’ll teach you to spread nasty stereotypes.

SiB
    Free Member

Samuri…..is it still your wifes home town, your home town, or have you moved furhter afield. Dont get me wrong, there are some nice places round about, its just when I cut through the precinct every evening about 5.30 and get to the top end by Charing Cross…..the people ‘amaze me’ and always have done even when I was a kid shopping down there with my £2 pocket money 25years ago (ok, spending it in Silverstrike more like!).

Its just stuck in a time zone and not in a nice traditional way. Friend used to work with the addicts in Birkenhead…..highest number of smackheads per capita of any town in Europe a few years ago apparently? The name itself is enough to put anyone off.

Nice to ride down Borough Road in the morning though….slightly down hill.

Getting better though slowly………its just the peole that need to change (except you and your good lady wife of course).

If you see me please leave my tyres alone, its a long walk home for me from there.

surfer
    Free Member

I live on the Wirral and Birkenhead has some quite grim parts.

As Samuri says get the ferry and get a taxi back.

samuri
    Free Member

I’m just joshing you SiB, it’s a shithole. I wouldn’t live there for anything. As you say, the amount of drug abuse is off the scale. It seems every family I’ve met from Birkenhead has an addict of some description somewhere.

loddrik
    Free Member

Can’t really have a thread on liverpool without me being involved.

It’s great btw. Rubbish for riding though.

Stay away from the usual kids haunts, I’d recommend the Everyman and Kirklands for a drink but the Everyman is shutting for a couple of years and Kirklands is called something else nowadays.

You can tell I don’t drink anymore.

One of the comedy clubs is a great way to start the evening though.

SiB
    Free Member

So where do folk live on the Wirral? Me, barnston/storeton (good woods locally but very cheeky)

project
    Free Member

Have a look at http://www.Merseytravel.org.uk , get train times and, ferry times, trains and ferries dont run after midnight.

Bromborough, nice hotel there, and Port Sunlight is just up the road for a hertigae village.

Best to let you know Stanley and Victoria are both gay areas, so if you dont like that sort of thing keep well away,

Mersey ferry is absolutely great for a trip out, train to hamilton square then walk down hil to ferry terminal, theres a sub marine parked there as well that you can visit.

MrOvershoot

SiB – Member
    So where do folk live on the Wirral? Me, barnston/storeton (good woods locally but very cheeky)

Neston
    The cheeky bits in Barnston/Storeton are great at night, even if I did learn that dirt jumps are made by digging earth up from another point!!
    That would be the dirt jump sized hole my front wheel shot down causing a superman OTB

loddrik
    Free Member

Woodchurch is nice if you are staying in the Wirral. As is Birkenhead. Ellesmere Port too, classy places…

loddrik
    Free Member

My theory on why Liverpool didn’t really appear on the other thread, whilst it has huge amounts of poverty and ‘nasty’ areas, anywhere north of Old Swan (west derby and sandfield park excepted) is grim, most non natives wouldn’t visit here anyway, the city centre and much of south Liverpool is great. And people who visit from elsewhere are often very surprised.

pedlad

Its been a few years since I was out drinking in the pool but if you go in the late afternoon and want a few more sophisticated beers before hitting central town bars then get taxis ip to the philharmonic (great bogs!) and the Everyman. Then you can walk down the hill into town.

Garry_Lager

Ship and Mitre (Dale St) is a class pub if you want to sup some ale. Maybe not a stag-do sort of place but its a great alehouse for a session. Could be a good place to start.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

it’s the grand national weekend this weekend in Liverpool, so Liverpool city centre will be rammed with chics! 😆

GrahamA
    Free Member

With the exception of Hamilton Square I don’t think that Birkenhead Town centre has any redeeming features whatsoever.

Oh and the Stork Hotel is on CAMRAs list of Heritage Pubs

surfer
    Free Member

Heswall. Playground of the rich and famous. I’ve got half a Ford Cortina on my garden just to even things up!!

surfer
    Free Member

Ship and Mitre +1

GrahamA
    Free Member

New Brighton – I quite like it really but the 1/2 hours it takes to get of the Wirral can be a pain at times.

I didn’t really like the Ship and Mitre I much prefer the Lion

project
    Free Member

santacruzsi – Member
    it’s the grand national weekend this weekend in Liverpool, so Liverpool city centre will be rammed with chics!

Posted 20 minutes ago # Report-Post

and full of drunk fat people all with to much money, to waste on a horse running round a field.

Grand entrance Birkenhead Park is excellent, as are the tunnel ventilation buildings, woodside ferry with two submarines, birkenhead priory nearby, mersey tunnel memorial on the a41 piazza,

loddrik
    Free Member

Lets not kid ourselves here, all of Birkenhead is shite…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool..’ is closed to new replies.