Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Live in Brussels now – Farage
  • flange
    Free Member

Binners – well done. You managed to convey your disgust without resorting to the tirade of swearing which was all I could manage.

Leave voters – you haven’t ‘won’ anything. The sooner everyone understands this, the better.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The DM readers are starting to realise what’s going on, top rated comment…

“Anyone else feeling increasingly inclined to take to the streets in protest if our wishes are not acted upon? I’m a passive supporter and voted ‘leave’ – if my so-called elected representative doesn’t feel inclined to do as instructed then he/she will be removed by FORCE if necessary and someone who actually does as they are elected to do will be put in their place.”

Meanwhile, fisherman are being told not to expect good news either…
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/28/british-fishermen-warned-brexit-will-not-mean-greater-catches

““Promises have been made and expectations raised during the referendum campaign and it is now time to examine if and how they can be delivered,” said the National Federation of Fishermen’s Organisations.

“Unfortunately, perhaps, the UK’s geopolitical position means that it is not politically or legally possible just to ringfence most of our fish resources, in the way that, for example, Iceland can. The reality is that most of our stocks are shared with other countries to some degree or other.”

Reaminers and Leavers campaigning on the streets together?

I’m not surprised the Government wants to go on holiday.

rkk01
    Free Member

Scroll to 2 min 45 seconds

[video]https://youtu.be/7LmDNby6jC0?t=2m40s[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikey74
    Free Member

““Promises have been made and expectations raised during the referendum campaign and it is now time to examine if and how they can be delivered,” said the National Federation of Fishermen’s Organisations.

I was reading an article that said the EU Fishery policies were the best thing to happen to the UK fishing industry, as it has helped sustain the fish reserves. Left to their own devices, our reserves would have become unsustainable years ago.

DrJ

I thought that Brexit meant that fish would would swim over here in their zillions into the waiting nets of UK fishermen. Have I been misled?

footflaps

I thought we were declaring a 200 mile territorial limit and thus ruling over most of Western Europe.

mikey74
    Free Member

@ DrJ

😆

It would appear so.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It was working class people who delivered the Leave victory and they did so based on what they see in front of their noses

they did it based on RW lies that those who pedalled are now furiously back tracking on as , unlike the world in which you live, they realise they have **** all chance of delivering on any of them

Basically they fell for a lie , one that they were to stupid to see and one you will never see

footflaps

It was working class people who delivered the Leave victory and they did so based on what they see in front of their noses

They carry their ignorance and bigotry on their noses? How quaint these poor people are…

lucky7500

As a slight aside, anyone know the combined daily sales figures for the Sun, Telegraph and Mail?

Around 3.8 million as of January this year as far as I can see.

Ben_mw

The Belgian who spoke after Farage (sorry, forgotten his name already, but I think it was the guy who Farage had a real dig at a while ago) said that finally, the EU would be doing away with the biggest waste of money for 17 years – Farages’ salary. Made me chuckle.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@rkk yes top stuff, I note Farage again references the Lisbon Treaty where France and Holland voted against it in a referendum but they got it anyway (note: Junky)

@DrJ the fish are already here its just we are only allowed to catch 17% of them, the other 83% are taken by other EU members as them’s the rules

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Ben I believe its about 20% of the European parliament which is mads up up of sceptic / anti parties. Of course the big question for the EU is where are they going to get the €15bn extra in budget contributions from after we leave assuming they won’t do a sensible deal with us ?

hot_fiat

Ben: That’s Guy Verhofstadt, former Dutch PM.

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^^ hot was he Dutch PM when they ignored the referendum to reject the Lisbon Treaty ?

mikey74
    Free Member

@DrJ the fish are already here its just we are onky allowed to catch 17% of them, the other 83% are taken by other EU members as them’s the rules

Wrong!!

QUOTAS
    The UK negotiates a quota for each fish stock with the EU.
    The government is responsible for distributing the UK quotas.

The irony of these claims is that the UK fishing industry is actually doing much better than the oft-accused EU member states. Profits in the UK industry continue to grow year after year and are the highest across the EU, as are profit margins. The level of investment in the industry, to buy new equipment, for example, is also growing and is the highest across the EU. Behind the headlines there’s actually a great deal of financial confidence in the industry from fishers.

Ben_mw

Ben: That’s Guy Verhofstadt, former Dutch PM.

‘scuse me. An early morning and too many conversations with various Europeans and I’m getting in a muddle! (Doesn’t even look like him does he)!
    Anyway, having assured various suppliers that we still want to buy their equipment, and we’re not cancelling orders (yet), and we’ll leave it until later to try and re-negotiate the prices we agreed upon, I’m off for lunch.

Junkyard
    Free Member

note Farage again references the Lisbon Treaty where France and Holland voted against it in a referendum but they got it anyway (note: Junky)

they voted against the European constitution which was withdrawn and replaced by the treaty of Lisbon.

What am I meant to note ? you are to ill informed you did an appeal to authority who was factually incorrect?

This is satire isn’t it? I mean no one can be this challenged can they?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wrong!!

I only need to look at the poster to know that
    he must be pulling all our chains and having a laugh

mefty
    Free Member

That’s Guy Verhofstadt, former Dutch PM.

He is Belgian – and someone who does not accept any criticism of the EU – just as bad as Farage but from the opposite viewpoint.

dannyh
    Free Member

I only need to look at the poster to know that
    he must be pulling all our chains and having a laugh

Yes, but in post-expert advice, Strength Through Ignorance Britain, he will actually gain popularity from this circus.

Tear up everything you were taught at school. In fact, forget about school all together.

The more wrong you are, the more right you are thought to be. Because it’s laugh, innit? So long as it doesn’t stop me from playing on my xbox and doin scratchies, it’s a right laugh, this.

unknown
    Free Member

I know we’re meant to refrain from personal insults, stooping to their level etc., but isn’t there a point where a person is so obviously, objectively a **** that they can be called a **** without fear of sanctions?

Hypothetically of course.

DrJ

@DrJ the fish are already here its just we are only allowed to catch 17% of them, the other 83% are taken by other EU members as them’s the rules

Oh, I see ….

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/28/british-fishermen-warned-brexit-will-not-mean-greater-catches

DrJ

He is Belgian – and someone who does not accept any criticism of the EU – just as bad as Farage but from the opposite viewpoint.

Yes, I wouldn’t take moral criticism from Guy too seriously. He is more or less a poster boy for everything that’s wrong with the EU

http://www.thepressproject.gr/details_en.php?aid=62406

slowoldman

““Promises have been made and expectations raised during the referendum campaign and it is now time to examine if and how they can be delivered,”

Hmm, call me old fashioned but I think it might have been a good idea to see if these expectations (and all the others) could be delivered BEFORE making promises.

binners

As IDS said on Sunday Morning to Marr: “They weren’t actually promises, but more a list of possibilities.’

I think ‘lies’ is a more accurate and succinct description. Not even little ones either. Great big **** off whoppers!

jb72
    Free Member

Just watching it now … words fail me.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

it is breathtaking that anyone could watch Farrage* today without an immense sense of embarrassment.

* why is this not picked up by the swear filter?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hmm, call me old fashioned but I think it might have been a good idea to see if these expectations (and all the others) could be delivered BEFORE making promises.

but why would people vote for the crap reality

Flaperon

Jammers – like Nige, Boris, Gove and IDS et al, you don’t actually give a flying **** about the genuinely detrimental impact this is about to have on (little) peoples lives, do you?

You’re far to taken up with your petty, small minded insular triumphalism. Its all just a big game isn’t it? A jolly wheeze?

Its tragic really. I actually pity you

Well said.

tomhoward

For those that havent seen, or don’t believe, what he’s done…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36650014

kazafaza
    Free Member

So now Nige got what he asked for, can we please start a petition for him to change the pronunciation of his surname from poshy-frenchy to more British English sounding Far-Age(as in Bronze Age etc)?

Can’t see the problem here… 😈

Notter
    Free Member

If we’re going to petition him to change his name can we come up with a big, proper Anglo-Saxon suggestion please. In the style of charades (which I presume we’ll be renaming post-Brexit) my proposal clues are:

– Two Words
    – First word = 2 syllables
    – Second word = 1 syllable, ending in NT.

cranberry
    Free Member

I generally like Farrage pointing out some home truths to the other MEPs, but today’s performance really was a Ken Livingstonian act of making a bad situation worse by being a complete asshat.

Daffy

Is there any possibility of having Farage arrested for the stirring of racial hatred toward England?

jambalaya
    Free Member

DrJ you have got yiurself up to Scotland, or to Grimsby or to Cornwall to make those points. Ideally with a few links to academic papers or something from the IMF to ram the point home eh ?

Ditto Junky get yourself over to the content particuarly to Halland where they where so incensed by what their government did they now have a law insisting on a binding referendum on any treaty or treaty change. Co-incidently thats one reason that the EU would kt consider treaty change for the UK renigaotiation as Holland would likely block anything and everything on principal

I do give you oth a hat tip for arguing the toss out of absolutely everthjng when the Referendum is already lost

Junkyard
    Free Member

When I go over will it make what you said right ? What a very odd way of responding to you simply being wrong. 😕

PS your explanation of the reason and scope of Dutch referendum is completely false and its results are not legally binding and it has to be triggered its not automatic.. your constant ability to be completely wrong is amongst the wonders of the modern world.

https://www.kiesraad.nl/en/news/advisory-referendum-act-force01

note Farage again references the Lisbon Treaty where France and Holland voted against it in a referendum but they got it anyway (note: Junky)

this is still not true no matter how much you wish to gently insult me though you dont do the personal stuff do you.

theotherjonv

Just watched his performance. Unbefuckinglievable.

With the climate as it is, and of course I abhor even the idea, but Farage’s close protection officer must have his nails down to the quick every time he steps outside currently.

andyl
    Free Member

He’s on Channel 4 news now trying to defend himself.

The news reporter interviewing him is doing a good job IMO.

i_like_food

The whole thing is just so very depressing that it’s hard to keep on topic, since there’s so much to be depressed about. Brexit, no PM, no credible Labour leader, Farage embarrassing us and we’re crap at football too.

Further off topic, can I join both the Labour and Tory party so I have a say in both party leader elections?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Live in Brussels now – Farage’ is closed to new replies.