Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Liv Embolden 27.5 FS or alternative
  • servo
    Free Member

My wife has a Canyon Neuron FS with 27.5 wheels (size small) from way back in 2017. She rides 3 days a week and I am updating parts and keeping it going, but it does cause a bit of stress as its her only MTB. We went away at Easter and I was only just able to get a new front wheel (QR non-boost) in time thanks to Wiggle next day delivery.

Looking to buy another bike with bit more modern geometry and single chainring. She wants a 27.5 wheel and it must be a Full Suspension as her back struggles with a hardtail. Keep the Canyon as a spare bike.

She mostly rides local bridleways here in Surrey, with occasional trips further a field and we normally go to a trail centre on our holidays at least once a year. We do search out nice local tracks around here. We are really close to Box Hill and she rides with a good group that is always looking for nice singletrack. But not really super steep stuff! She is a good strong rider and is getting better at riding off road all the time.

Looking for an FS with 27.5 wheels and about 120mm travel. Canyon Neuron is 140mm travel now.

Came across the Liv Embolden 2 which is 27.5 and looks good. The Embolden 1 is a bit nicer but it only comes in black which is a definite NO!

https://www.liv-cycling.com/gb/embolden-2-2022

Liv Embolden 2 (2022 model in Purple)
    Giant Crest 34 Fork 120mm
    Suntour Raidon R shock
    Shimano Deore 1×10 (11-46 cassette)
    Maxxis 2.6″ tyres
    Boost wheels

Bike is in stock at Giant/Liv. Can be bought at any dealer for £1850.

The only downsides are the fork and shock aren’t super brands and 10 speed cassette might have bigger jumps between gears. 2.6″ tyres might be draggy on the road which she does a fair bit between the trails. Bike seems to get good reviews.

Anyone got one or similar? Any other bikes worth looking at? Max £2500 budget.

johnnystorm

Is 130/140 travel such a deal breaker? Looking at the spec of the Canyon ~£2500ish gets XT and Fox 34!

My Evol is 140/150 and I’ve kept pace with my decade old times around Thetford, so a modern 140mm isn’t necessarily a boat anchor around “easier” trails…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.