Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 176 total)
  • Little things that annoy you a lot
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

the use of ‘an’ in front of the words historic, hotel, MTB.

i don’t care if it’s acceptable use of english, it annoys me intensely.

alpin
    Free Member

people who don’t move or try and get onto the train before you’ve exited.
    people who feel the need to shout and try and stop you with their car to tell you that the street you are cycling along is a one-way street.
    people who do not say thank you or acknowledge you when you let them out of side roads.
    people who take their work so seriously.
    people who point out when you are 5 minutes late.
    those above are related quite specificly to germans.

more generally:
    people who smell of cigarettes.
    people who smell of wet dog.
    people who ride expensive bikes like they learnt to ride yesterday and have no skills to warrant such an expensive toy.
    cars, serve their purpose but usage is too wide spread.
    the GF parents telling me continually i should go to university, as if its the only way to prove yourself. (that may be a german thing)
    U2, coldplay, et al….
    people who leave lights on everywhere, my mum is a prime example of this. leaves lights on “coz it makes the house look pretty from the road” or “the dogs need the light on”. arrrrgh!
    people with an attitude resembling that of a wet fish.

Peregrine
    Free Member

Car drivers – even me when i am persuaded to drive by the GF. i am such an impaitent driver. Being a passenger in a car feels like time wasted so i usually try find something practical to do – like sleep.

And that pillock who just rode past my house on a motorbike with a noisey exhaust.

EdwardH

Smokers who think it is their right to drop the butt of the ciggie they have just finished. What do they think gives them the right to do that?

johnny63

– ITV

– Budget airline bike and baggage charges

– Automated answering services

‘because he isn’t very funny’ but he persists – tell him to stop please.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What do they think gives them the right to do that?

the world is their ashtray, after all, they’ve just breathed in half that shite…

aracer
    Free Member

People who whinge about budget airlines additional charges, ignoring the fact that the whole package is cheaper… and then still book with said airline, but feel the need to grumble about it.

Keith Vaz – he’s on the TV right now which is why I think of him. Do I have to give a reason?

pomona
    Free Member

Pilots

noteeth
    Free Member

Pilates

aracer
    Free Member

Pallets

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Pullets

johnny63

People who whinge about budget airlines additional charges, ignoring the fact that the whole package is cheaper… and then still book with said airline, but feel the need to grumble about it

My complaint is the ‘underhand’ way they do it – e.g. just booked flights to Manchester –
    1.Flight – £ 8.84
    2.Taxes – £ 44.00
    3.Bags – £ 15.98 ea
    4. bike – £25.00
    4.CC handling charge – £ 10.00
    So flight is great at £8.84 – but the other £95 comes afterwards –
    just give me the real price, don’t piss on my shoes & tell me it’s raining

grizzlygus
    Free Member

People less than 6 foot tall.

knutz

grizzlygus
    Free Member

except for women that is

aracer
    Free Member

So they don’t tell you how much it’s going to cost before you get your CC out? Oh hang on, actually they do. So in fact you’re whinging that it takes you a bit longer to find out the real price than with some other airlines? Really not sure what’s so underhand about telling you what all the charges are before you pay for any of them.

Do you also complain that CRC advertise things at the price of the cheapest option, yet when you go to the product page you find the option you want is twice that price?

stumpy01

Oh dear…I have tried to resist but can’t:

Shopping:

– People who dilly dally, but seem to be able to detect your every overtaking manouevre by waddling left and right as you overtake.
    – People/groups who refuse to squeeze through tight spots, even when everyone else is having to. I often resort to ‘stiff shoulder’ mode when this happens, and people get narky when you do what they were pretty much doing to you.
    – People who stop absolutely dead as you are walking behind them as their phone has rung, they need a tissue, their pacemaker has stopped working.
    – People who use their buggies as objects to ram into you, as you should obviously be getting out of the way.
    – People who stand to close to you in a queue and invade your personal space, so you move a bit forward…..but so do they!! Aargh…
    – The lazy, fat chavs who use the ‘loading area’ to park or wait for someone for ages.
    – The fat, lazy chavs who use the disabled bays/mum & kid bays when they aren’t disabled and have no kids.

Aiports:

– why do people in the queue you join take SO long to check-in. It’s quite simple….how many bags to check in…..where are your passports….did you pack these yourselves…..here’s your boarding pass. 1 min max.

Driving

– People who think it’s unncecessary to indicate.
    – People who take the shortest path over roundabouts when you are on the outside of them attempting to turn right – USE YOUR MIRRORS.
    – People who do 40mph on bits of NSL road that is not safe to overtake on, but then accelerate as hard as they can up to 60mph on a straight bit, so you don’t overtake….then they slow down at the first sniff of a bend again.
    – People who speed up as you overtake. Not so much of a problem in current car, but big problem in 1.4 Fiesta.
    – People who speed up as you overtake on motorway…..you end up doing 85mph and still not overtaking them, when you were catching them rapidly at 70mph. You pull back in and they immediately slow back down to 68mph.
    – People who get to a completely clear roundabout and still have to stop as they haven’t had the foresight to check the roundabout on the approach.
    – People who pull out of junctions/garges etc. when you are barrelling along towards them, then make no atempt to accelerate up to your speed, causing you to slow down (yet behind you there is nothing for 1/4 mile).
    – People who have to wait until the very last minute before getting into the inside lane for an upcoming exit and cause others to take evasive action to avoid them…

General

– computer programs that try and take over your computer
    – packet food that doesn’t open like it should – rice/pasta bags splitting, peel here bits on ham/bacon not peeling.

Oh, there’s many more, but i can’t continue…..I really must be the new Victor Meldrew!!

johnny63

aracer – it’s not a whinge, just an annoyance – you see flight at £8.84, you end up paying £104 – why would you not find that annoying?
    Not quibbling over the fact they are a much cheaper option, just that the add-ons are annoying
    also why do they tick the insurance box and seat choice box for you (if not to catch the unwary?)- leave that to me, I’ll decide

and yes, CRC prices ‘from’ is annoying too

chakaping
    Free Member

Crikey, take a deep breath stumpy01.

Do you feel better for that?

This one gets me too, though I wouldn’t single out ‘chavs’…

– The lazy, fat chavs who use the ‘loading area’ to park or wait for someone for ages.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have a few:

>People who say ‘peeps’, yes there are still people who say that.
    >Drivers who go right to the very end of a closed lane then force their way, I’ve not been sitting in the queue for fun so piss of.
    >Drivers with front/rear fog lights on, no front fog lights don’t make your Vauxhall people carrier look cool sad dad.
    >Drivers leaving their engines running when they are waiting/for/dropping people off. My son was recently playing in a football match. There was a mum watching from her car and she had the engine running for over an hour. Can’t you just wear another jumper if you’re cold?
    >People who talk about themselves in the 3rd person, ‘Gary’s looking forward to riding his bike’ why can’t they just say ‘I’m’.
    >Drivers who decide their car is so special it needs two spaces at the supermarket, etc. If you don’t want your car dinged then park where no one else does you idiot.
    >Groups of people who walk on pavements and spread right across it, there are more people than you using the pavement you know.
    >Mountain bikers who say they are going on a ‘road trip, why can’t you just say you’re going on a holiday and taking your bike.
    >People who think their really mellow and never get angry at anyone, are you devoid of emotion?
    >People who wear their jeans round their knees and can’t walk properly – I don’t want to see your manky gray pants thanks all the same. I know why you do it although you probably don’t.
    >Drivers who have to beat everyone at the traffic lights. Wow you’re car goes at over 30mph, you’re great and you got a car in front.
    >People, large families in particular, who stand about in supermarkets to chat – go to the pub ffs.
    >People who smell horrible – breath, BO, etc. Just wash you smelly git.
    >People in work who just have to stay after 5pm but don’t work effectively during the day. I manage my time well thanks and I don’t need to hang about as I have a life.
    >Automated call centres with a 15million tier menu and my question doesn’t fit in to any of them.
    >Call centres in India/China/Mongolia – sorry but I really can’t understand what you’re saying.

And I’ve not even started on the anger I feel when commuting by bike.

That’s only off the top of my head though, I’m sure if I thought about it there would be more.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

too much to

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nowhere near enough time to list them all…..

How about persons unknown who drive for miles along a single track lane in the middle of nowhere and then dump their old kitchen / fridge freezer / building rubble / general cr@p in a laybay.

Here’s an idea, put it in the back of your car and take it to your local municipal tip. Thus saving yourselves time and petrol as they are usually in the outskirts of town AND saving the council money by employing someone to drive about in a van and collect all your sh!t.

chakaping
    Free Member

>People who talk about themselves in the 3rd person, ‘Gary’s looking forward to riding his bike’ why can’t they just say ‘I’m’.

Yes!

>Drivers leaving their engines running when they are waiting/for/dropping people off. My son was recently playing in a football match. There was a mum watching from her car and she had the engine running for over an hour. Can’t you just wear another jumper if you’re cold?

Oh yes!

>Mountain bikers who say they are going on a ‘road trip, why can’t you just say you’re going on a holiday and taking your bike.

Triple yes!

Very annoying.

fingerbike
    Free Member

>Drivers who decide their car is so special it needs two spaces at the supermarket, etc. If you don’t want your car dinged then park where no one else does you idiot.

I always park in the empty corner if i can and it has still gained dings on one of the doors, people seem unable to park in a space without cars either side, so gravitate to an already parked car. I now park over two spaces in the quiet parts of car parks…

BoardinBob

People who write “loose” when they mean “lose”

People who think “as well” is “aswell”

chakaping
    Free Member

Am I wrong to find people who are overly protective of their cars a bit annoying?

It’s just a bit of metal.

dux
    Free Member

People that stand still on escalator’s!

Gary_M
    Free Member

fingerbike see that’s annoying. When you do park at the empty bit of the car park and then some **** parks beside you. chakaping it wouldn’t bother me if it was a heap of junk but it cost a fair bit of money and I like to keep it looking nice.

Oh here’s another one >People who say ‘why are you washing your car, it’ll only get dirty again.’. Yes I’m well aware it’ll get dirty again but its my car, my time, so what the **** has it got to do with you. Along similar lines, neighbours or passing ‘witty’ people who say, ‘Do you want to wash mine when you’re finished?’ No, of course I don’t you stupid ****.

hora
    Free Member

Chuggers

zokes
    Free Member

– People who do 40mph on bits of NSL road that is not safe to overtake on, but then accelerate as hard as they can up to 60mph on a straight bit, so you don’t overtake….then they slow down at the first sniff of a bend again.

The single, most annoying trait of pretty much every muppet on North Wales’ roads. You are expected to be able to handle car at 60 mph, that’s why they test you on it. Now remember how to do it!

– People who speed up as you overtake. Not so much of a problem in current car, but big problem in 1.4 Fiesta.

Possibly the most dangerous thing you can do in a car, with the exception of slowing down once you’ve had to abort because of their stupid driving, so you can’t pull back in either. These people are usually the people who can’t carry speed through corners either…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Wow you’re car goes at over 30mph

peeps who can’t spell “your” ??

GavinT
    Free Member

the use of ‘an’ in front of the words historic, hotel, MTB.

I’ll give you the first two but ‘an MTB’ is definitely correct. Just say it out loud if you are unsure.

IcarusGreen
    Free Member

My wife – she’s a little thing that annoys me intesly.

GavinT
    Free Member

Oh, ‘ridged’ forks. That really irritates me.

cb

May I offer the following

High chairs for kids in public places – why do restaurants feel that kids would want to sit in the crap left behind by other kids? Clean the damn things, you’re quick to charge £5+ for a crappy kids meal, you could at least offer a clean chair.
    Lazy gits who park in parent and child spaces and then waddle off to the fag counter with their fat 14 year olds in tow.
    Having to pay £25 extra for a 6 month old to sit on your lap on a plane when fat feckers who take up half of my seat don’t pay any extra.
    And yes, I do have small children…

Spongebob
    Free Member

Horse riders on a public highway that don’t thank you when you slow to a crawl to go past them.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Gordon Brown’s tongue habit that makes him look like he’s chewing gum.

colnagokid

“sniff” people who “sniff” sniff constantly “sniff”. Blow yer **** nose!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Yeah colnagokid!

Adverts that list a string of product benefits and end it with the line “and much much more” when there is nothing more!

aracer
    Free Member

If we’re back on motoring ones, then people who think that a line behind a slow driver is a “queue” and you’re supposed to wait until all the other cars in front of you have overtaken before you’re allowed a go (despite the fact that most of them, including the person who has the issue, have no intention of ever overtaking, and are in fact totally incapable of it). Said people closing the gap in the line as you’re attempting to overtake the line in stages and want to pull back in in front of them. Them then flashing you if you do manage to pull into “their” gap.

Not sure how little a thing that is though, as their behaviour is highly dangerous and they shouldn’t be let out on the public roads.

The people who speed through the 30 limit which has a nice straight just after it ends, thus meaning you’ve no chance of overtaking them as you’re too far back, yet then pootle through the corners after that when you’ve caught them up.

AlasdairMc

People who shout at you when you park in disabled spaces, despite having a blue badge and a disabled passenger.

People who park in disabled spaces but have neither of the above.

The person that pisses on the seat in my office toilets.

Scroungers that choose not to work and instead claim the ‘social’.

The high number of studies that blame obesity on things other than eating too much and not exercising enough.

Text speak.

Those who refer to text messages as ‘texes’.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Little things that annoy you a lot’ is closed to new replies.