Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Liteville creak found but……..
  • toomuchtime
    Free Member

Hello again

Well as the weather is lovely and I have a few days off I decided to try to find my creak on the Liteville as a STW member checked his bb and it was the same as mine so sending it back to Germany in my opinion would not be much help in solving this.

I did however decided to change the main pivot bearings (the frame has done less than 100 miles) and to my surprise the non driveside bearing I was able to push out with my fingers and I also pushed it in again with hardly any resistance.

Is their a bearing retainer I could use to take up the play or is the rear triangle knackered ? I have ordered two more bearings (only £18) to see if one of those is 0.000001mm bigger therefore solving the problem

Cheers

Andy-R

Loctite 641 is what you need…..

welshfarmer

Is this a brand new MK15 frameset? As above, all Liteville frame bearings should be fitted using loctite 641.

welshfarmer

What might have happened if you do not ride very frequently is that the bike got washed or wet and the bearing was left to stand for so long that the balls seized in the race. The next time it was ridden it then caused the whole bearing to rotate in the chainstay as the bearing itself wasn’t able to turn. Chances are this has broken any Loctite seal in there but I would be surprised if 100 miles of use will have worn the alloy down that quickly as to knacker it. Try a new bearing, loctite it in, and keep riding it!

toomuchtime
    Free Member

Thanks welshfarmer it’s actually a MK12 but loctite ordered ,bearings are on their way so let’s do it !!!

andybrad

they actually say to use a bearing compound on their frames, although i never did.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Liteville creak found but……..’ is closed to new replies.