Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Liteville 301 Sizing and Seat tube angles?
  • P20

I’m looking at buying a Liteville 301. Looking at geometry the large would be the equivalent of my current medium yeti asr5. However I rang the importers who reckon the seat tube angle will make it significantly different. LV 74.5 v ASR 72.2. Anyone got experience or thought on this? Surely it makes it shorter?

chiefgrooveguru

For a given ETT (so equal length seated), a steeper seat angle will make the bike longer when standing (reach).

ridethelakes
    Free Member

They do come up small. I normally ride a medium but the medium I demoed was definitely too small.

P20

Chief, that’s what the importer said. I couldn’t remember it. Nice one. Can’t say i’ve taken much notice of frame length out of the saddle. Suppose I better head into the garage with a tape measure!

barbs
    Free Member

I’m normally a medium but got a large and it feels perfect for me. I’m about 5’10” and 31″ inside leg. Using a 60mm stem and plenty of room for the Reverb too.

P20

My asr5, previous 575 and 456c are all around the 600mm TT length, so the large is the closest. Not bothered what the size is, (med/lrg) as long as it fits

P20

A quick bump before I order it. Anyone else able to comment on Liteville sizing?

adsh
    Free Member

I’m 6′ and like a long TT. I tested a large and thought I would probably want an XL

P20

So it looks you normally buy the size up from normal. Cheers

P20

A quick bump. My head is battered. It looks like I need a large. The medium is too short a seat tube. The top tube is the correct length. The problem is that the bb is about an inch further back than I’m used to. So presumably it’s harder to get off the back of the bike? Any thoughts?

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Any thoughts?

Get a demo.

There were no Liteville dealers near me but I got the importers to send me a demo bike to my local bikeshop biketreks on both the 301 and 601 and they sorted it.

As others have said above, they do size up small. I rode a Medium which is my usual size and it was way too small.

ferrit
    Free Member

Agree with the majority here.

I’ve always ridden Large Santa Cruzs, Nicolais in the past. Now on an XL Liteville 301 which fits perfectly.

Awesome bike.

My Thoughts

Do it!

P20

Have any of you noticed the bike being longer than usual when out of the saddle?

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Have any of you noticed the bike being longer than usual when out of the saddle?

Never noticed when riding. Looking at the Liteville geo the reach is a few mm less than my trek remedy so don’t think its unusually long. The yeti doesn’t actually give a reach figure on the website unless we’re looking at different figures?

P20

Yeti don’t quote reach, but make some calculations between the angles assuming its taken where the effective tt meets the seatpost, it puts the bb 23-25mm backwards in relation to the bars

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

For what its worth i’m 6ft and on a Large 301 and it feels spot on.

P20

My LBS say they are unable to get a demo bike, not sure why.

Off in to the garage armed with pencil, paper and some string to measure up the yeti. See if I can make some sense.

P20

The results of the string and tape are in. The yeti and my 18″ 456c are around 24mm shorter. Might just go for the large and try it with the option of a shorter stem/layback post if needed

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Also FWIW I’m 6′ and riding a Large Mk8 301 – the Mk8 has steeper angles than the Mk10 and 11 I believe. Spot on for me but I would say it is a tad longer in the TT than other bikes I’ve ridden. I find it a little harder to manual as a result – but I’m not particularly talented in that department so it’s not a measure of the bike.

It is undoubtedly the best bike I have owned and I do not aspire to anything else.

P20

Ordered 8)

ferrit
    Free Member

Winning.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Liteville 301 Sizing and Seat tube angles?’ is closed to new replies.