Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Liteville 301 – Ride review after a week on the TransProvence signposting team
  • boltonjon

Replaced my Zesty with a 301 last May and love it

Awesome piece of kit – but i want a MK11 now – but can’t have one 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Godzilla gocycle are VERY quick on replies and sending stuff.

Can I just say….its **** ugly though isn’t it. On the Cool wall it sits low down along with the c456 and el gippo.

wrecker
    Free Member

el gippo.

el goppo shurely?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ferrit
    Free Member

Everyone knows it’s not about how attractive they are, it’s how they ride… 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Everyone knows it’s not about how attractive they are, it’s how they ride…

I suppose so….and at least you won’t have to worry about your friends wanting a go.

ferrit
    Free Member

I suppose so….and at least you won’t have to worry about your friends wanting a go.

They won’t want a go of my Liteville either!

Oh dear.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Can you tell me this flat out beats the Hellius?

The idea that any one bike ‘flat out beats’ another is ridiculous. Ferrit clearly prefers his but that’s hardly the same thing.

jackthedog
    Free Member

For a bit of balance, I’ll chip in here and say that I think the 301 is best looking FS bike out there for the simple reason that it looks like a hardtail. If I were in the market for a new bike, this would be it.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I have to agree, the hardtail 2 triangle shape is as classic as anything, which is why imo the 301 looks ace! I wish I’d tried one when shopping for my last frame.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Frankly all the Liteville bikes look lovely. The 601 is my favourite.

wrecker
    Free Member

I like the look of the litevilles also.

ferrit
    Free Member

This is like an AA meeting! My name is Ferrit and I quite like Litevilles…

geetee1972
    Free Member

Can we have some more pictures please Ferrit.

jobro
    Free Member

Notice that the people on here who actually own 301’s ride 140 rocker plates with 160 forks. Was that a considered decision chaps?

ferrit
    Free Member

jobro – Running 150mm 44 RC3Tis on mine but I’ve noticed this as well. Planning to get some 170mm 55s on there and upping the rear to 160mm plates for Alps action too.

geetee1972 – don’t have any more detailed bike pics but a few riding ones:

edd

This is like an AA meeting! My name is Ferrit and I quite like Litevilles…

My name’s Edd and I really want need a 301 Mk11. My girlfriend is getting bored of me talking about it (although in the interest of balance she has 5 bikes and I have 2)…

wwaswas

This is one of the few frames that I look at and really want to own. Maybe when I win a lottery.

AlexSimon

I don’t understand the ‘ugly’ comments either. It’s one of the most ‘bike’ like full sussers out there.
    I’m not a fan of the logo though.

hamishthecat

Picking up my s/h Mk8 tomorrow!

boltonjon

I can’t believe that someone thought this was ugly??

liteville snow by boltonjon, on Flickr

neninja
    Free Member

They’re certainly not pretty but having had a close look at them at The Bike Place show and talking to Evolution Imports I’d be tempted with a 301 with 140 rockers when it comes time to replace the Helius.

The attention to detail on the 301 is superb.

honourablegeorge

Curious about how it rides at 160mm Does going to 160mm involve a longer shock, or just more leverage on the existing one?

neninja
    Free Member

Same shock just different rockers.

My favourite little detail on the 301 was the sacrificial hanger bolt that will break instead of the hanger or mech getting damaged. There is a spare bolt mounted on the frame in case you need it. What a great idea.

geetee1972
    Free Member

or just more leverage

I think it would be less leverage no? I’m not at all mechanically minded, but if you had more leverage, that would translate to more force at the shock and therefore more compression.

It would be more progressive and therefore a higher ‘ratio’ between wheel movement and shock movement.

Have I got this right?

Syntace seems to be bringing a lot of thought and detail to their designs at the moment. The Litevilles have some fabulous touches – a spare mech hanger built into the frame is genius for example and their approach to sizing is something I’ve thought needed to happen for years.

If you think about it, if you change the front length of the bike without changing the rear, then you’re not just changing the size, you’re changing the whole dynamic of how the bike rides.

I’m not about to switch from Nicolai to Liteville as I still love the Nic way of doing things but this came very close to getting me into bed with someone else:

godzilla
    Free Member

Awesome looking bike.
    tf-bikes.at = Boner-ville.

mafiafish
    Free Member

boltonjon

hamishthecat – Member
    Picking up my s/h Mk8 tomorrow!

Is it the whole bike or just a frame?

Looking forward to seeing build photos 🙂

mafiafish
    Free Member

Reminds me of a better-looking one of these. Should ride really nicely!

boltonjon

What on earth is that Mafiafish??

AlexSimon

Looks like a Chumba Evo boltonjohn

hamishthecat

Is it the whole bike or just a frame?

Looking forward to seeing build photos

Just the frame. I’ll endeavour to do some pics but it won’t be a very exciting build as I’m using old bits off my previous frame.

Main issues are getting a 34.9 post and seeing if I can convert Hope Pro to Syntace thru-axle. I don’t think I can…

boltonjon

You’ll love it mate – it’ll be a great build

I’m pretty sure that USE do a 34.9mm shim and that you can convert your Pro2 hub by replacing the whole axle

Its much easier on the Pro2 Evo hubs though

Has the MK8 got the DT Swiss shock?

boltonjon

jobro – Member
    Notice that the people on here who actually own 301’s ride 140 rocker plates with 160 forks. Was that a considered decision chaps?

The distributor didn’t have any 160mm plates when i added my 160mm forks, but the 140mm back end never felt to stretched whilst riding 10 days of heavy Alp abuse

It seems really well balanced. I’ll probably get some 160mm plates at some point to see what it likes though 🙂

hamishthecat

Has the MK8 got the DT Swiss shock?

Yes, but the previous owner also fitted an RP23 which I think he had tuned for the bike at Mojo – so I have both.

Cheers for the advice all – and for those links Mike. You riding this weekend?

BTW – that post is a bit short I think.

mikeyd
    Free Member

Ride tomorrow morning? Have text you.

hora
    Free Member

Today I saw a raw 301 in Leisure Lakes Bury.

ABsolutely gobsmacked. I couldn’t stop touching it 8)

hamishthecat

Gratuitous pic of my Mk8:

I would like a new one in raw though in due course. Optional 650b in the Large + sizes.

godzilla
    Free Member

Anyone know what the difference between the Mk10 & Mk11 is apart from the 650b?

hamishthecat

The Mk11 has a slightly longer shock stroke which means it runs a Fox rather than the DT swiss. I think it also has a pre-drilled hole for a stealth dropper post – rather than the Liteville instructions for drilling your own…

The head angle might be a tad slacker too – the Liteville website has an account of the various changes for each model.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Liteville 301 – Ride review after a week on the TransProvence signposting team’ is closed to new replies.