Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Liteville 301 Mk11 Horst Link bearings
  • phillipmorgan
    Free Member

I would appreciate advice from anyone who knows how to remove these bearings; they are rather strange with bush stuck in the middle of two roller bearings

Monster101

601 owner here, i believe liteville’s service team are in a bit of disarray with the departure of Ben Sheil. I have had good results from the Liteville facebook page when asking questions. Both Michael Cycle and Ben Sheil are on there and are helpful.

Otherwise phone Basti in the Torbole shop, he is super helpful.

Alan

chickenman

I’ve had to change mine, the bush is threaded from both sides and pushes through. The bearings need pulling out each side with a blind bearing puller if they can’t be pushed through from the other side.

augustuswindsock

Does this help…

chickenman

By Horst link I thought you meant next to the rear axle not the rocker arm.

andybrad

the ones in the chainstays have a pivot between them. You can use this to drift one of the bearings out then tun it over and drift the other one out.

the one in the top tube you can push straight through. Its tough though.

do not take your gear cable out of the chainstay!

P20

I had Chevin cycles replace the Horst link bearings for me, they didn’t seem phased. Had the whole bearings set for the entire swing arm replaced by Bikewright at Easingwold as recommended on here as a previous Liteville owner he knew the various tricks

andybrad

The only tricky one is the main pivot and the rocker one.

phillipmorgan
    Free Member

super useful & now sorted thanks

phillipmorgan
    Free Member

much appreciated; they are out now

phillipmorgan
    Free Member

that figures as Ben has not replied to emails

phillipmorgan
    Free Member

Have replied to the various responses but I want to thank you all since I was a bit stuck for a while. I live in Bristol & no-one seems to have heard of Liteville! All bearings out apart from the big needle rollers on the link plate which are silly smooth so will clean & regress. Oddly it was the bearings on the right which were the grumblers but the geek in me won’t let me replace just one side!

phillipmorgan
    Free Member

oh and just to contribute a little bit. I change my gear cable regularly (sensitive 1 X11). It goes in easily with a bit of silicone oil and by disconnecting the shock there is a sweet spot with the wheel elevated which makes it easy; you will know when you find it. Phil

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Liteville 301 Mk11 Horst Link bearings’ is closed to new replies.