Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Listening to music made by artists who’ve turned out to be wrong’uns
  • Edukator
    Free Member

It doesn’t get mentioned that often,

Probably the most known fact about George Washington after the fact he was first president of the USA.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I only posted the Sex Pistols (John Lydon) in relation to being a “rong’un” by writing and performing Anti Monarchy and Anti Social Behaviour songs/lyrics. At that time most of the establishment thought they were akin to total anarchists who sought to upturn the whole social tier systems in place in the UK in the 70’s/80’s..

And they did to some degree, and had many supporters of their cause.

Nothing more than that.

Edukator
    Free Member

So I can continue to play Pretty vacant and Holidays in the Sun then. Holidays in the Sun is a great song with a message about the segregation of the cold war.

DezB
    Free Member

Wrong is wrong, but what I find difficult at times is the need to go back in history and apply modern values to vilify historical figures

What I find difficult is the need to include presidents/politicians/dictators in a thread about music.

athgray
    Free Member

Has Lesley Grantham been mentioned? He had a singing career.

metalheart
    Free Member

I thought Johhny Cash was on the side of the angels?

I’m pretty sure I heard him say he shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die. Man, that’s some cold shit.

I’ve struggled with Richard Hell after starting his autobiography and him pining for BJs from a 15 yo groupie…

DezB
    Free Member

Has Lesley Grantham been mentioned? He had a singing career

Maybe in your world

redmex
    Free Member

How about poor Alex Harvey he was Framed
    The cops took me to a little room where the bright light shines
    There were 10 poor souls like me standin in a line
    I knew i was a victim of somebodys evil plan
    When a stool pigeon look at me and said there’s your man
    I never did nothin

FB-ATB

Can add Del Shannon, Chuck Berry, didn’t Queen play in South Africa during apartheid?

stgeorge

old skool hip hop,

Oxymoron alert

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Listening to music made by artists who’ve turned out to be wrong’uns’ is closed to new replies.