Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Listening to ‘live’ radio on internet – sound quality?
  • TJJ
    Free Member

Never done this before, but just listened to Springsteen on R2 ‘live’ through the internet and the streaming was pants. A lot of stuttering and changes in sound quality during programme.
    Is this normal or am I doing something wrong.
    Just done a speedtest on my connection – 6805kbps, so not too shabby, and my router stats doesn’t show any disconnections in the last couple of hours.

I didn’t listen to it all as I was recording it with ‘audacity’ to put on the MP3. If I record it from iplayer listen again, will it have a more stable stream?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Quite often people will rip from a DAB tuner or Sky box and do a pretty decent job. I use a site called themixingbowl.org and that has lots of dance based shows, ripped at pretty high quality. Try checking out the torrent sites to see whats already out there – let someone else do the work.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I have this with owt from BBC. Tinternet speed is ok, and the stream is well below my actual throughput speed, but it’s shite. As for iPlayer; I’ve given up. I know other streaming video works fine, ‘cos YouTube’s ok, as are the Chinese footy streams I watch. Maybe down to BBC servers or my ISP throttling BBC stuff or something.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

BBC streams are probably 64 or 128. They won’t have the bandwidth to stream to suit people with high speed connections.

Get a cheap DAB and connect it to your comp. Choose your recording format and software and voila. £50 for a DAB and a decent quality patch. Job done.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Listening to ‘live’ radio on internet – sound quality?’ is closed to new replies.