Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Liss, Petersfield, midhurst etc
  • scaled
    Free Member

I’m staying down in Liss next week with some family. The girlfriend is taking her road bike and it all looks great for that down there.

I’m assuming there’s enough local woody singletrack to make it worthwhile taking my MTB rather than my road bike.

Any suggestions of which direction to head out in?

Klunk
    Free Member
    variflex
    Free Member

Oh YES!!
    You have Queen Elizabeth Country Park (QECP) which has an excellent MTB loop alot man made by STW members. Also, the downhill MTB track at Rogate, and if you want to come along there will be a number of us going out on night rides during the week from Haslemere, and then Hindhead on the Sat.

Google: QECP2, ROgate Downhill, Devils Punchbowl and Gibbett hill.

Lots to do and see. Drop me an email (on profile) if you need more info.

Jonathan

neil853
    Free Member

Lovely part of the world too

warton
    Free Member

My FiL lives in Liss. lovely place, greta for road biking, many, many quiet country lanes etc. Not sure about MTBing, the Devils Punchbowl is close, theres must be trails in there?

smiff
    Free Member

http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/

from liss you also have longmoor/bordon and other sandy areas like hillbrow/rogate and all those commons between petersfield and midhurst, if it’s wet and you don’t fancy QECP chalk! there’s also trails to both sides of QECP which you need a local guide for 😉 lots of mtb-ing around here..

ibnchris

And if you fancy a long slog you’re not far away from the South Downs Way either.

Yak

yes- QECP as above- great loop.

If you’ve got a free hour or so, ride from Liss- the Chapel Common area towards Liphook is great. Not technical but fun and fast on tight well drained trails.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Be careful around Petersfield, there’s (well, there used to be when I shot) two private (but unfenced and therefoe easily accesible) shooting ranges in the woods near the Lituanian mansion.

smiff
    Free Member

Lithuanian Manson? do you mean the mafia estate (Fyning Hill) near Rogate, or the pheasanty bit nr Ditcham? both slightly scary, both with good trails.. not been shot yet!

if new to area first port of call should be QECP for proper trail 🙂 but you are right on Longmoor, so don’t ignore that, common sense around Army etc you shouldn’t have any trouble.

that’s at least 3 ways you could be shot here (Russians, Farmers, Army) haha 🙄 it’s a safe area honestly.

scaled
    Free Member

Well my first activity while i’m down there is a shoot, not sure where but i’ll be sure to steer clear of gunfire 😀

variflex: cant find your email in your profile but would be well up for a night ride or two!

llama

I lived in Liss when I started mountain biking back-in-the-day and it was the starting point for many an epic ride. Much under rated, but you used to have to know where you were going, and probably still do.

brakes
    Free Member

there’s always Rogate if you like a bit of jumpy-crashy stuff

cakefest
    Free Member

epics available in and around Liss. used to live in Haslemere 5 years ago.

head east to Hill Brow, then further east to Titty Hill, then further to Henley (great pub on hillside), DH north through Research Centre and climb up Black Down, north on bridleway to Grayswood, climb nw on bridleways to Gibbett Hill, descend north into Punchbowl, keep going north to Thursley Common, west to Hankley Common, climb back up south to Hindhead, west to Ludshott Common, west side of Liphook, and home. magic stuff and generally really well drained.

let us know how you get on.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have on a look on here – on and off road routes

Godalming and Haslemere

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

I’m in Liss, loads of stuff here and happy to show you around and give you pointers on both road and offroad. Easier to show you though as the better stuff is not that easy to find/obvious. Mail me on my profile address but replace the spam with scott.

scaled
    Free Member

bugpowderdust YGM 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Liss, Petersfield, midhurst etc’ is closed to new replies.