Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Linkglide
  • Lummox

Contemplating this as a fat bike drivetrain to replace the 10 speed on there now. Does anyone know the actuation ratio as whilst it all seems good value I’d really like to use my old shifter if possible.

Can’t seem to find the information out there

Thanks in advance

chrisdw
    Free Member

NEW Shimano “Linkglide” Drivetrain Promises 300% Longer-Lasting Components

This suggests it’s a linear pull. So won’t work with normal Shimano shifters.

bikerevivesheffield

@chrisdw no suggestion lol, it says “not compatible” and “is linear pull”

Lummox

This is disappointing, whilst it’s a minor thing I like to re use kit I’ve got where possible, liked the longer lasting concept as the fatty seems to get a beating for the lesser miles it does.

b33k34

So they’ve built a new long lasting group set that uses The old free hub standard? That seems nuts.

nickc

Also deigned for e-bikes where weight isn’t so much of an issue. I think the cassette weights north of 750g. I’m not normally that bothered by weight, but that is “some heft”.

13thfloormonk

Any idea if chains are designed to last longer? That would hopefully then extend life of your remaining non-Linkglide bits, and hopefully at less heft?

b33k34

I think the cassette weights north of 750g. I’m not normally that bothered by weight, but that is “some heft”.

Regular XT 11 speed is 447g – that is a lot to add. the carrier might be steel rather than alu which would seem absurd.

From this image it looks like the XT cassette has 3 alu rings? (as opposed to 2 on the 11-46 regular 11 speed) but maybe they’re just coated steel? In which case better comparison is to Deore level stuff

Linkglide

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Linkglide’ is closed to new replies.