Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Linkedin
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Are you able to set up a profile so that people from within your own company can’t see you?

I’m thinking of setting up a profile for making contacts outside of my current employer: However, I know that all the directors are on Linkedin.

br
    Free Member

However, I know that all the directors are on Linkedin.

So what are you worried about?

Just don’t put ‘looking for new opportunities’ 😉

garage-dweller

Short answer – doubt it.
    Kind of goes against the ethos/function of linked in.

Waits to be corrected.

Why should you not make contacts outside your own company? That’s good business.

I’m connected with many senior people in our organisation, others in the industry, recruiters, people in very different industries, suppliers, customers, former colleagues and no one bats an eyelid.

mikey74
    Free Member

Sorry, when I say “contacts”, I mean alternative employment-type contacts.

garage-dweller

Recruiters or just places you could work?

I think you can hide your connections from others (including your own connections) in settings somewhere.

mikey74
    Free Member

Recruiters or just places you could work?

Both.

garage-dweller

Then you could have a play in the settings pretty sure you can hide connections as I noted above.

Connect with a couple of personal friends then adjust your settings and get them to tell you what they can still see. Eg. Can Bob still see you are connected with Gemima.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can Bob still see you are connected with Gemima.

Sounds more Tinder than LinkedIn.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My mate who was a headhunter says LinkedIn Premium is a recruiters dream.

Just set the profile up, most people I know have one.

DickBarton

Don’t connect with them…be prepared for lots of recruitment contacts pestering you with nonsense ‘offers’ that are not jobs for you but getting another body in line to apply for the job.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

You can hide your contacts from others viewing your profile (unless they are a mutual contact, then they still appear) by changing your settings. You can’t exclude specific contacts or contacts from a particular company though. However, as others have said, I don’t think anyone would raise an eyebrow these days if you set up a profile and populated with contacts from your competitors – good business practice to see what your competitors are up to and posting

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Linkedin’ is closed to new replies.