Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Linked In
  • chvck
    Free Member

First job posted on the group and it looks an absolutely fantastic job!

That does actually look like a job I’d love! Pity I’m kinda stuck in the UK for at least a year so pointless to even try applying :(.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

trust me, its an awesome job 8)

btw, the right person doesn’t have to live in the alps, but it’d make it easier.

nacho
    Free Member

43 members and counting!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Is that the same job as was posted on here ages ago? Offering equity instead of money?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Yeah, the job was posted on here by someone a while ago, presumably who came across it on techcrunch (or similar) – not an employee of ours. I saw it and advised my colleague, who continued the discussion on it then.

As per the job description, it a revenue share and equity position – needless to say there is a monthly income. We’ve had a fair bit of interest and interviewed a number of people, just not found the perfect candidate yet. details in the link…

I try not to mix my STW account with work (other than clearly this thread), and will continue to do so!

si-wilson
    Free Member

I’m in!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Would anybody tell me where I can buy a blue pill that would make me understand those web-related things so I could apply?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d be very tempted but I just dunno if I can take the risk!

fadda

I’m in.

But who am I…?!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

its one of the ‘joys’ of working for a start-up social enterprise 😉

NJA

Member 59 checking in.

Cougar

Never used, or looked at, LinkedIn. I have it in my head that it’s Facebook for people who think they’re above that sort of thing. Is it worth joining then, or is it yet another site for me to sign up to and then ignore?

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not really facebook. It’s just a way of putting yourself online in a work sense, and showing your connections.

So for example, say an employer lets a bunch of people go. Someone can find all the people who are now looking for new jobs easily. And if you find someone good you can see all the people they knew and see if people endorse them.

Just a way to find suitable people really imo. For wahtever it is you need.

Hairychested
    Free Member

forget it, bloody delayed double post

MrsToast
    Free Member

Blimey, it’s a very manly group! 😆

_tom_
    Free Member

May be applying for that job though I only know basic HTML and CSS, but I guess it’s worth a shot.

chamonix666
    Free Member

Does seem so, ladies are welcome too!!

donsimon
    Free Member

People are looking at me, stop it, I’m shy!

lodious
    Free Member

I use it, and it’s been great for keeping in touch with old work colleagues. You have to be very careful to think what kind of messages the Linked In updates send to your current/potential employer (they get a digest of who is linking to who), so you might be linking to someone who is a personal friend, but if he works for the competition it can send the wrong message to others.

It also tracks (and displays) who’s been looking at profiles (dunno if you can turn this off?).

duntmatter
    Free Member

fettling – Member

Great idea chamonix666. Always easier doing business with someone on the same wavelength as yourself.

STW would suggest many are not on the same wavelength!

iDave
    Free Member

I’m in

fybot
    Free Member

My first LinkedIn group … you will be gentle, won’t you?

xiphon
    Free Member

Is that muchbetteradventures.com the same company who were recruiting for a creative director (or some fancy title) in exchange for non-paid work?

Seem to remember a thread about it either here or SDH.

donsimon
    Free Member

Yeah, the job was posted on here by someone a while ago, presumably who came across it on techcrunch (or similar) – not an employee of ours. I saw it and advised my colleague, who continued the discussion on it then.

As per the job description, it a revenue share and equity position – needless to say there is a monthly income. We’ve had a fair bit of interest and interviewed a number of people, just not found the perfect candidate yet. details in the link…

xiphon
    Free Member

^^ Bingo. Didn’t see that bit.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

and as per the last discussion its not unpaid.

rs
    Free Member

joined, i’ll be the one with the location you’re all jealous of 😛

Cougar

You’re underneath Angelina Jolie?

DT78
    Free Member

Joined Group.

I find linkedin useful so far (started using in Dec). Not using it to full effect but had a couple of potential job offers come via it.

I generally spend my lunch time reading the group discussions I’m linked to (sad I know)

geoffj

joined, i’ll be the one with the location you’re all jealous of

Unlikely

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

joined, i’ll be the one with the location you’re all jealous of

Swindon?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m mostly awesome at my job, and I don’t want people trying to leach off my hard earned awesomeness, so for that reason I’m out.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m in 🙂

I’m mostly awesome at my job, and I don’t want people trying to leach off my hard earned awesomeness

I’m confident in my awesomeness and want to share it with those who are keen to learn 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

Just looked through the members list – a pretty useful lump of STW wasters!

donsimon
    Free Member

*waves at iDave*

TooTall
    Free Member

Nice to see at least one web developer on there – keep the STW IT vibe alive!

Squidlord
    Free Member

Work life is so much about networing these days

Typo.

You missed the “h” 😉

It also tracks (and displays) who’s been looking at profiles (dunno if you can turn this off?).

Yes, you can prevent other people from seeing who’s profile you’ve been looking at. The price you pay for this is not being able to see who’s been looking at yours.

iDave
    Free Member

*ola de nuevo a Simon*

julioflo
    Free Member

I’m in.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Linked In’ is closed to new replies.