Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • LING is retiring… to ride a bike
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

Online Singletrack interview with Ling coming very shortly, folks!

Get your brother in law to ask her the questions on your behalf.

piha
    Free Member

Fair play Ling, you’re a very remarkable lady and I will follow you & hubby on your travels. What a fabulous adventure you have ahead of you. All the best.

trumpton
    Free Member

Have a great time Ling

scuttler

Be sure to remind her at the start to tell us what she really thinks. hahahahahahaha

And make sure your web/gif fiddler pays suitable reverence to the page hosting the interview. If I don’t have a migraine by the end of it you’ve failed.

tabletop2
    Free Member

I’m 5 pages into that thread that was linked and thoroughly enjoying it. But 65 pages! is it worth it to keep going?

scuttler

I’m 5 pages into that thread that was linked and thoroughly enjoying it. But 65 pages!

Did Ling appear yet? If not you’ll need some Google-Fu to pinpoint the bit where there’s a clap of thunder and a puff of smoke.

matt_outandabout

Site redesign needed to complement the interview….

mrsheen
    Free Member

Bravo Ling!

I look forward to your youtube updates to brighten our Brexit nuclear winter!

AlexSimon

I’ve just trawled through that thread for an hour (don’t know why I missed it first time around) and it’s hard to understand due to the forum redesign messing with the blockquotes, but was there ever a resolution either way.
    It’s a shame I missed it because I could have created a great lingometer set of gifs 🙂

Good look with your ride Ling! Bike looks ace!

tomhoward

But 65 pages!

It’s important to remember that those 65 pages happened over not much more than one weekend.

RustyNissanPrairie

Bookmarked and to say good luck Ling – so jealous!

irc

All the best LIng.

9 speed Truckers rule!

chipps
    grahamt1980

Awesome. Good luck ling

jkomo

Wow what a great adventure, good luck Ling.

spooky_b329

Hey Ling, I’m trying to work out how to ‘flag’ your vehicle assisted rides on your website. Thats a long pedal up the A1(m) motorway and you even stopped for petrol 😉

Poopscoop

perchypanther

I didn’t know that was Poopscoops real name.
    I’m still gutted I didn’t get an invite to the wedding.
    Bought a hat and everything

😳

Good luck Ling.👍

blitz

I loved the Ling thread. Had me in stitches at the time.

What a great story. Sounds like a great adventure.

trumpton
    Free Member

Ling steel frames are well regarded on here.probably be a bit more comfortable than alloy with more character when riding it.sounded like you thought it was a bit of a negative thing.v brakes will be easy to fix on the road.replacing pads is easy with one tool and they reliable enough with worldwide availability of pads I would have thought.

AlexSimon

Also – regarding the original thread – it reminded me – what happened to @Jamie?

ling
    Free Member

SPOOKY – You can’t flag anything at the moment. As soon as I set off I’ll delete all these test rides/drives, so it will be a clean start. Setting off mid-November.

Ling

spooky_b329

Ling, I was only messing 😉

Good luck. Thought about a SPOT tracker? Might be easier than trying to keep a smartphone charged up and probably a lot more accurate too. Plus the safety element of being able to signal for help from literally anywhere on the world without a phone signal.

grtdkad

Brilliant. Just brilliant.
    Hats off to you @Ling

funkmasterp

Such a brilliant thing to do Ling. Best of luck to you and your husband. The original thread kept me highly entertained whilst my wife and daughter were in hospital. It’s my daughters third birthday tomorrow so this thread must almost be in sync with the other one!

white101

Incidentally, the pic of Ling and team in front of the Angel on the magazine interview, just behind the Angel is some lovely little bits of singletrack through the wood, I’ve been pruning the dear track down there for years to make for a nice warm up loop before I head out.

ling
    Free Member

Spooky, yeah thought about that. But, it needs a subscription and the phone is multifunction (if it can get a signal). But FFS, I don’t need an emergency beacon in everyday life…

I’m using a dedicated Motorola G8 power to upload tracking, and will be used for just the GPS really, so will last a week after charging.

The accuracy has been pretty good (in the UK).

I can’t decide if it’s a good thing to plot my course so accurately or a bad thing? I guess it means you know WHERE I was eaten by the bear, or the rattlesnake got me. But someone could track me and intercept me… but is that really a thing? Not as if I will have £10k in my pocket.

Ling

FB-ATB

So inflation has hit the “You are so-and-so and I claim my £10” remark if it’s £10k now!

myti
    Free Member

Any updates? I’m guessing this has been scuppered for now with all the lockdowns?

andy5390

Nope. She/they spent NYE in southern Portugal

MAP

retrorick

Top stuff. I had bookmarked the web page to have a look at their current position every now and again but had made the assumption that the start would have been delayed.

slowoldman

Ling is having to cut short her time in the EU. Why? Only allowed 90 days in any 180, so having ridden down the the South of Spain and back up to Barcelona she now has to get out of the Schengen area quickly. So instead of cycling through France and Italy it’s a ferry and train journey to get out to Croatia.

Another Brexit bonus.

Poopscoop

I’m very much likely to be breaking rule 1 here…. but Ling was very, very vocal in her support of Brexit. She even appeared on tv extolling its virtues from memory.

Just saying.

That aside, I’m not into feeling great over anyone feeling the negative effects of Brexit.

It’s shite and we’ll all be biting a chunk of it one way or another.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘LING is retiring… to ride a bike’ is closed to new replies.