Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Lines from TV or film that have shocked you
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

A character from the sink estate comedy / drama Shameless delivered this one:
    “Well There’s more than one way to skin a c$&t”
    Proper stunned me!

geex
    Free Member

None.
    I’m not prudish in the slightest or easily shocked.

RoterStern
    Free Member

This line from South Park the movie from Mr Garrison talking about women didn’t exactly shock but I was watching it with a room full of girls and we all looked at each other incredulously asking did he really say that?

nobbingsford

From Dead Man’s Shoes: when Paddy Considine visits the local pub and the local nobber/drug dealer asks him ” what are you looking at?”, he simply answers: “you, ya c*!t”. With considerable venom. A classic.

That and the immortal line from Withnail and I: “who’s the massive spade in the bath?”

MoreCashThanDash

Pretty much all of South Park the Movie! 😄

Seem to recall there’s a scene in An Officer and a Gentleman where the c word gets used. Maybe not shocked, but properly surprised

perchypanther
    Free Member

“No, I am your Father”

Eight year old mind blown

cyclelife
    Free Member

Little Britain

What he needs is a big black cock up his arse 😂😂😂

mildred

A bit of a theme developing here on the C bomb.

Saturday Night fever when John Travolta calls Annette a ****.

Is THIS what you wanted? You proud of yourself? Now you’re a ****!

reformedfatty
    Free Member

First time I ever watched South Park so no idea what to expect. Commentating on American football and Kyle gets the ball ‘I haven’t seen a jew run like that since Poland 1938’

garage-dweller

South Park, the source of a thousand shocking and unsayable phrases.

I almost don’t want to type any of them on the internet. The cuts from Terence and Philip the movie had some of the worst language and insults I’ve ever heard.

It’s also the way it’s almost all delivered from the children.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

South Park is still **** hilarious now, I thought they’d never be able to top their early seasons – Scott Tennermans dinner etc but then….

Harry_the_Spider

C-Bomb again. In the TV drama about Oswald Mosely from about 20 years ago, when a prison officer calls Mosely one.

Never heard it on TV before.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Only the one for me but again its the c bomb delivered by hitgirl in kickass.

psling
    Free Member

Nothing ‘rude’ really shocks me having grown up on a diet of Dud & Pete’s alter egos, Chubby Brown and the likes but one line on TV caught me. Can’t remember the TV drama but the line was something like [psycho to ex when he is marrying her sister] “I love your smile. When I see your smile I think to myself – I’ve cum in that mouth”.

Probably the only real shocks for me on screen have been scenes from documentaries about famine-hit or war-torn countries. Real life, not make-believe.

DezB
    Free Member

TV? “Donald Trump is the new President of the USA”. If the news counts!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Film The Business.

“Has anybody here ordered a c**t? Cos there’s one at the front door”
    It made me laugh too I just admit.
    Delivered by Geoff Bell who scares the shit out of me.

CountZero

Calamity Jane in Deadwood using the ‘C’-word, had me thinking, did I actually hear that? I think that was the first time I’d heard it used on a tv show, and being said by a woman as well was a bit surprising.
    She, like everyone elsomon that show was a potty-mouth, so shouldn’t have been too much of a surprise!

MSP

Not necessarily shocking in the context of the show, but brutally accurate and hilarious.

binners

American History X

“bite the kerb!”

Hang on a minute. He’s not about to do what I think he’s going to do, is he?

BLEUUUUURGH!!!

Cougar

I will never, ever be shocked by language again after hearing the c-bomb being casually dropped by a presenter on, of all places, Radio 4 on a mid-afternoon weekday slot.

It was shortly after the EU referendum and they were interviewing a Polish worker talking about how attitudes in the workplace had changed and people were openly hostile towards her.*

Interviewer: ‘So there’s even a “vote leave” poster in the staff room, yes?’

Woman: ‘There is, yes.’

I: ‘And on it, someone had written “come on Britain, get the c***s out,” is that correct?’

W: ‘That’s right, yes.’

I: ‘And how did that make you feel?’

… etc. I was like, wait, did that actually just happen?

(* – I think it was a woman, I can’t actually remember now but we’ll go with it for the sake of narrative.)

matt_outandabout

Spring watch

Chris Packham “everyone likes a bit of black c*CK in the morning”

Houns

I can’t understand people getting shocked over the c word… However that cats does countdown clip made me choke and laugh very hard when I watched it as it aired 😂 Same happened when Myles Jupp said “try it without a spit”

tdog
    Free Member

If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it

I shunned at this statement as a cat and milk lover

🤪

deadkenny
    Free Member

Midichlorians bit from Phantom Menace. Just a whole load of WTF! reaction and nearly walked out of the cinema.

Likewise the “we’re aliens” bit in Highlander 2.

South Park was just a riot of language, shocking I suppose in a piss myself laughing way. If I quote bits do I star out the language or just type the language and let the auto sensor work, which avoids a ban? 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just type it and trust in the swear filter.

lowey

KIck ass.

hit girl trashes the dealers place.

Drops the C Bomb.

Still shocked to this day.

nofx
    Free Member

deadkenny
    Free Member

**** (word that doesn’t get filtered) **** **** ****

Shut your **** face uncle ****

Etc.

All very childish, but a right laugh. Even bought the soundtrack (unedited version).

nickjb
    Free Member

On the news recently, talking about the latest shooting in the USA. The newsreader said it was the 247th mass shooting in the States, which did take me a bit by surprise, but I was genuinely shocked when he finished the sentence with “this year”!

vazaha

One Summer – https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Summer – 1983.

First time I ever heard the word **** on TV – was watching with Mother at the time, terribly embarrassed, never forgotten it.

easily
    Free Member

None.
    I’m not prudish in the slightest or easily shocked.

geex is a parody account, yes?

Cougar

Likewise the “we’re aliens” bit in Highlander 2.

Highlander 2 was a very troubled film. Massive studio interference and the country they were filming on location in (Argentina) going bust, amongst other problems. It’s amazing it got released at all.

The director went back and tried to salvage a film out of it from the cutting room floor, resulting in the “Renegade edition.” This also threw away all the ‘aliens’ pish. Whilst far from a great film it’s much, much better than the car crash that was the cinema release. A special edition came after that with a few more tweaks, mostly extensively reworked CGI.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Highlander 2 was a very troubled film

Highlander 1 was a very troubled film also.

It had an almost blind Frenchman with a very poor grasp of English pretending to be a Scotsman who was pretending to be an American.

It also had a Scotsman pretending to be an Egyptian who was pretending to be a Spaniard despite clearly having a Scottish \ American accent.

Also feature an American pretending to be a Russian pretending to be an American.

It was brilliant.

Cougar

It had an almost blind Frenchman with a very poor grasp of English pretending to be a Scotsman who was pretending to be an American.

I think you’ll find, Russell Nash was from “lots of different places.”

I adore Highlander, I could probably recite most of the script verbatim. The last time I watched it my friends threatened to duct tape my mouth shut.

(Mind you, I get that a lot.)

perchypanther
    Free Member

I think you’ll find, Russell Nash was from “lots of different places.”

I think you’ll find, Russell Nash was from “lutts ov diffeerent playces.”

tnrbilly
    Free Member

Not usually shocked but way back in the mid 90’s when Julian Clary came on stage at the Comedy Awards live on prime time tele and mentioned he’d just been backstage ‘f*sting Norman Lamont”. Nearly fell off the sofa.

willard

If dropping C-bombs is still shocking (these days I do wonder), then best give The Boys a miss.

PrinceJohn

Pretty much all of Ben Kingsley from Sexy Beast –

But I think that it was every line he said was said with such conviction that I was genuinely scared of him.

johnx2
    Free Member

Like geex I think I’m difficult to shock, in my case it’s probably because I miss most of what goes by, and what does go in I mainly mishear and do that slowly. And I can’t wheelie, not whealy…

However, Joe Pesci’s finest moment in Goodfellas where things turn a swift couple of corners starting with his line: “What do you mean I’m funny?” That’s pretty good.

Stainypants

I thought the line in Ready Player one “fxxxing Chucky” was massively misjudged in a film that was going to have young kids watching

I wasn’t shocked but “cxxk-juggling thunder c____” from blade trinity has always stuck with me.

Went to see Jimmy Carr last week I’m not sure if 1% of what he said could ever be broadcast.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Lines from TV or film that have shocked you’ is closed to new replies.