Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Limmys Show
  • jimmy

Anyone watch it and find it remotely funny? Or do you have to be Scottish to get it?

Jamie
    Free Member

I think you may have to be Scottish to even know what it is perhaps?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    algarvebairn
    Free Member

I'm scottish and it's rotten imo.

BoardinBob

Depends if you're a fan or not. I've been following him for years and seen him do stand up a few times and he's very funny but I don't think his stuff transfers to the tv particularly well and I suspect he's been forced to tone down a few of his more off the wall ideas by BBC Scotland.

He is spectacularly funny live and some of the stuff on his website is brilliant: http://www.limmy.com but I can't see him winning many fans with the TV show.

If you're the kind of person that finds Michael McIntyre funny then I doubt you'll like Limmy.

In fact if you like Michael McIntyre, do us a favour and walk in front of a fast moving bus on the way home tonight. Please.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

seen him at the fringe a couple of years ago very funny but his tv stuff is crap!!!

BoardinBob

seen him at the fringe a couple of years ago very funny but his tv stuff is crap!!!

When he did the Dave Gorman sketch? 😆

bigG
    Free Member

It's pure gash…

Kit
    Free Member

It's pure gash…

…by the way

skidartist
    Free Member

I've had requests from expat scots to tape it for them, followed by the same people requesting I don't bother. Seems not to be what people were hoping for

firestarter
    Free Member

by the way….

But… 🙂

robgarrioch

Flicked onto it last night by chance, found it quite amusing… like the deid-heid delivery of the 'song titles in yellow' sketch.
    Find Kevin Bridges funny too, with a similar delivery style.

BoardinBob

like the deid-heid delivery of the 'song titles in yellow' sketch.

That's "Dee Dee" 😆

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Mft63gURM

BoardinBob
    glasgowdan
    Free Member

It's good, but not BBC-friendly though, too morbid for that.

Saw his early clips on Youtube, he's obviously a smart guy with too much time on his hands!

mrmojo
    Free Member

Total pish ..

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Late contribution, but I wanted to have seen the whole series before commenting:

Funny in parts, for those with an appreciation of abstract humour, or those who recognise and agree with his observations.
    I liked the guy sitting at the supercomputer, and the creepy manic face at the door.
    Some sketches were lifted straight from the website and polished up.
    Didn't know he did standup as well. Could be worth a ticket.

Some characters just didn't work, plain and simple. Jacqueline McCafferty, anyone? That company director with a penchant for petty crime.

Good effort.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

S'rubbish. Tried 2 episodes and gave up

2tyred

Patchy in the extreme. Funny stuff very funny.

But all good sketch comedy shows are patchy. You only remember the funny bits. I got the Absolutely box set a while ago and found this to be the case.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Limmys Show’ is closed to new replies.