Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Lilly Allen
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Poor thing has lost a baby at 6 months.

We lost one (at 37.5 weeks) on the same date in 2007. Really feel for her and her bloke – a horrible thing to happen.

ourmaninthenorth

I suspect, given that she’s Keith Allen’s daughter and also a succesful popstar, she’ll get short shrift on here.

Sad, though.

Pook

I feel very, very sorry for her. awful thing to happen

therealhoops
    Free Member

That’s the second time for her as well. We lost one really early on and that was bad enough. Her head will be all over the f##king show.

wwaswas

she’ll get short shrift on here.

I can’t see many parents going down that route, sad for anyone to lose a baby – whoever they are.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Very sad news, especially at such an advanced stage in the pregnancy. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to meet someone who has lost a baby and stop talking such frivolous shite.

geoffj

🙁

Hohum
    Free Member

Yes, sad news.

Did anyone watch Secret Millionaire on Sunday night? The woman there had three miscarriages and never ended up successfully delivering a child. That must be pretty tough going mentally 🙁

hora
    Free Member

6 months. Its gutting. As men we can’t even begin to think how bad it must be.

Wookster

very sad really bad news for her and her chap.

jp-t853

We lost one at an early stage also and that is awful, for it to happen in the later stages must leave you in pieces for a long time.

I had a friend who lost one at the same stage as Surf Mat and it took them six months to start getting things back together. It is very rough.

Markie
    Free Member

Dreadful news – I was very sorry when I heard, counted my blessings.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

We also lost one at 12 weeks before the other one.

Not good and happens far more often than people realise.

Marge
    Free Member

Feel quite awful her.
    Particularly as this is her second time.
    It’s impossible for me to imagine the emotions that she (& her partner) are going through.
    I know she is a celebrity but I would feel the same sympathy for anyone who has to suffer such a tragic situation.
    Very very sad…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I can tell you – the emotions you go through are hideous.

DezB
    Free Member

First off, I can’t stand Lilly Allen’s music, but that’s awful.
    Worst thing about it is how public it is. It’s even on a forum on a bike website ffs. I bet it’s all over Twitter too.
    Very distasteful.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone on here will put the celebrity before the human. Regardless as to who she, her dad, step dad, boyfriend are. Must be so hard for her and her family.

DezB
    Free Member

Yep –
    kadebatts Kade
    RT @TheHausOfTarek: NO MERCY AT ALL. RT @iTeamJBieber: Lilly Allen lost her baby. LMFAAAAAO. hahaha. i have no (cont) [link removed]

Nice.

iain1775
    Free Member

as catflees says ^^
    Feel gutted for anyone that looses a baby at any age. We lost our first at a relatively early stage, I was still coming to terms with being a dad at the time and if truth be told, I wasnt really fussed by the whole idea. Until it wasnt there anymore, then I was crushed mentally.
    Now have a very happy 7 month old daughter and she is the best thing to ever happen to me.

DezB
    Agreed its maybe distasteful but do you think thats by her choice?
    A sad consequence of being a celebrity in celebrity obsessed Britian with its gutter press media

jp-t853

Again as Surf Mat says it happens a lot more than you think and you can see that in the comments here. When it does happen to you, you quickly realise this when you discuss it with other people and that is one thing that helps a little.

DezB
    Free Member

A sad consequence of being a celebrity in celebrity obsessed Britian with its gutter press media

You said it.

Not exactly sure why I clicked on a celebrity thread, kinda wish I hadn’t

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Just need to get my pedantry points in for the day – It’s Lily, one ‘l’.

Carry on

King-ocelot
    Free Member

DezB I don’t feel it’s distasteful to mention this anywere. It’s what ‘some’ people may say fir attention that is distasteful. The chances are that Lily Allen won’t be Reading this forum but the publicity of her loss has helped other members speak about thier own losses, all there has been on here is empathy and sympathy. Those people who will make childish comments/jokes about Lily’s loss or anyone elses would make sick comments regardless, we cant change that. I think the comments on here have been the opposite of distasteful and show we have lives away from MTBs.

Spongebob
    Free Member

And this is her second miscarriage.

Either she is still living too hard, or is just damned unlucky.

I’m not a fan of her’s, but it must be very difficult for her right now.

I wish her better luck next time (if there’s a next time).

hora
    Free Member

Either she is still living too hard

I doubt that very much.

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s a shame for her and all that and for anyone that looses a baby but I don’t feel ‘awful’ or ‘gutted’ for her. If I knew her I would though.

geetee1972
    Free Member

There’s a great ‘unsaid’ on this thread. No one yet has made any negative remarks about the situation but everyone expects there to be some.

Her being a celebrity is not the answer so what is?

Are people really thinking that the lifestyle she is famous for might have contributed to the miscarriage?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

And this is her second miscarriage.

Either she is still living too hard, or is just damned unlucky.

Sorry but this is actually offensive.

My wife lost one at 12 weeks, another at 37.5 – she’s about as fit and “clean living” as anyone could be. It’s just VERY unlucky.

maxray
    Free Member

Sometimes you can just be very unlucky. I agree with Gary_M though, despite having been through this (29weeks) this year I do not feel awful or gutted for her. I have an understanding of how she may well be feeling though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sorry but this is actually offensive[/I]

Is it?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Are people really thinking that the lifestyle she is famous for might have contributed to the miscarriage?

You tell me!

How about Katie Price’s stupid selfish behaviour during her first pregnancy and the resulting outcome?

About 10 years ago, my neighbour smoked during pregnancy, despite everyone telling her not to. The baby developed a brain tumour a few months after she was born!

After several operations and huge stress for the family, a year later the baby died. IT WAS HORRIBLE!

Now experts tell us that smoking is harmful and that you ingest a cocktail of around 1000 highly toxic substances when you puff on a cigarette.

Are you going to tell me that smoking didn’t cause the tumour in the growing foetus?

There is no proof, but the balance of probability in these cases should be a lesson, but then people always think they know better.

Did Lilly Allen live an alcohol free, smoke free lifestyle, getting good sleep and rest and nutrition during her pregnancies? Who knows!

bigyinn
    Free Member

DezB – Member

You said it.

Not exactly sure why I clicked on a celebrity thread, kinda wish I hadn’t
    Kinda with you on this. I am not trying to take anything away from her awful loss. But the way it is presented to the british public is sticking in my throat. What about all the poor families who have gone through this over the years, not a shred of public recognition (why would there be?), yet it happens to a celebrity and its all over the shop.
    Its the same as cancer, a “celebrity” is announced to have cancer and everyone starts fawning over them. My father died from it and millions of others too.
    It just devalues the cause i guess.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

For anyone to lose a child in such circumstances is awful and no matter the reasons there can be nothing but sympathy for all concerned.

For her to be able to cope with it happening twice means she must have a stronger character than many people.

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry but this is actually offensive.

Only if you want it to be. What’s up, no-one made the expected nasty remark yet, so you jumped on that one?

My wife lost one at 12 weeks, another at 37.5 – she’s about as fit and “clean living” as anyone could be. It’s just VERY unlucky.

To be honest, I’m more “offended” that you chose to start a thread about this then.

sharki
    Free Member

It’s a terrible thing for all concerned.
    And a horrid reminder for us who’ve suffered the same loss(10yrs thurs for me, lost at 30weeks)

Collecting the birth and death certificate from the reg office at the same time is something nobody should go through.
    And for mothers who have to go through a natural birth, knowing of the tragic outcome was to a painful experience to be part of.

I’m heading out now for a ride.
    It’ll be dedicated to my Lois, Matts little one, Lilly’s and everyone who’s had to deal with a loss so young.

This song means alot to me.

danielsmallwood
    Free Member

Do you think that anyone should make negative remarks?! There is no need to do that because the whole situation is negative.
    Of course her lifestyle could contribute her to the miscarriage; by the way, everything could influence that.

maxray
    Free Member

Sorry but this is actually offensive

I don’t think so. One thing I realised whilst working through things is that you think.. Why me? but then realise.. well why not me why should it be anyone else..

It doesnt offend me for people to talk about it and it wouldnt if there wa sa load of bad taste posts on here eithe rto be honest.

If a post was aimed at me and my situation then yes I would be offended.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Yes it is offensive because it implies that anyone that has multiple miscarriages might well “deserve” it because they live a none too healthy lifestyle.

Utter bo77ocks.

Talking about it is NOT offensive but making terrible assumptions is.

And yes lots have similar and don’t get publicised – that’s because they aren’t famous. If anything, having it splashed all over the papers probably makes it worse.

All you want to do when this sort of thing happens in hide in a dark place with only your closest friends and family and try and cope with it.

A few others here have suffered similar fates and understand. The rest have no idea.

Sharki – cheers mate. Really appreciated. Hope the ride was/is a good one.

emsz
    Free Member

Awful thing to happen. Celebrity or not

DezB
    Free Member

Yes it is offensive because it implies that anyone that has multiple miscarriages might well “deserve” it

As I suspected, you were looking for something that wasn’t there.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Lilly Allen’ is closed to new replies.