Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Like TdF but streamable now and more exciting
  • rossburton
    Free Member

So my son just finished reading a book about the Tour de France at school and really wants to watch it.  Now I’m not a massive fan of road racing so are there any recent races that I can stream the highlights of online, and are fairly interesting: i.e. not an hour of riders munching through miles in a huge peleton.

whitestone
    Free Member

This year’s La Vuelta if you can find it. Some really good racing especially in the second half.

leffeboy

i.e. not an hour of riders munching through miles in a huge peleton.

But that can be a lot of the fun.  You watch a breakaway, and then the peleton trundling along thinking they are holding it and then at one point you realise that they are going to make it and it’s all timed wrong.  It’s great.   Vansummeren winning Paris-Roubaix was like that but you need to have watched it play out to really get the full joy of the win

Go for some of ‘classics’ for fun

scaredypants

This year’s vuelta stage 18, last 20km if you can find it – best last-gasp finish for ages

the “Wiggins” TdF final stage when Cavendish won in Paris.  Just the last 20 again

(some of the Lance stuff is amazing – maybe explain a bit about drugz’r’bad too ?  Him v Pantani up the Ventoux was awesome, or the Alpe D’Huez climb where he dumped Ulrich)

I bet you can find A Sunday in hell online too for something different

The hillier spring classics end to have good telly racing with folk smashing up short hills

Last years WC road race was pretty good

Bardet in 2015 alpe d’huez

There’s lots of spectacular / gruesome crash footage if that’d be up his street

jimmy

the Alpe D’Huez climb where he dumped Ulrich

Was my first thought

vazaha

Stage 9 of this year’s TdF was mental – lots going on throughout.

molgrips
    Free Member

You need to watch or at least follow the whole thing otherwise it’s just blokes on bikes. A bit like cricket. When they just show some wickets on the news it’s rubbish, but when you have a text feed on all day at work it starts to make far more sense.

PJay
    Free Member
    cyclistm
    Free Member

How about starting with ITV’s tour de France greatest moments on YouTube and go from there.

Bound to be loads of classic stages  condemsed into an hour or so by following the links.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Like TdF but streamable now and more exciting’ is closed to new replies.