Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Like Ron Hill tracksters but thicker.
  • zippykona

I’ve got a pair of Alturas like above but they surely can’t survive another winter of daily use.

Not seeing anything like them. Everything has a chamois in it ,rather than being designed to wear over Lycra shorts.

Point me in the right direction please.

snotrag

Fox Flexair (stay with me) I find are great in winter, slim legs, tight ankle cuffs, quiet… I even rode them out on the gravel bike last winter when the weather was minging.

scotroutes

Montane Power Up Pro Pants. My wife has them for hillwalking and I’m thinking of a pair too.

Kahurangi

I used to have some Trackster winter leggings that were thicker?…

or https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15938197/ronhill-mens-momentum-15938197

Pyro

Endura used to do the Multi tight, which was basically a trackster. I’ve used cheap ‘North Ridge’ fleece tights for winter commutes a well

somafunk

showers pass skyline or showers pass track pants, both excellent

slowol

Power stretch fleece leggings here. Got one old mountain hardware pair and a newer Rab pair. Great for winter hill stuff too once you’re over the tights look (not so regular on a man but normal on women). Either that or if on a budget look for some winter leggings on the women’s clothes department. They’re exactly the same thing but leg shape might not work for a man.

stumpy01

Lusso do two different tights – Thermal Roubaix & Max Repel & both of these can be specified on the website with or without pads & aren’t a ridiculous price.

Thermal Roubaix

Max Repel

I’ve not worn either of these, but have got Lusso shorts & they are very comfy and seem to be lasting well.

zippykona

Good call Stumpy. I have the repel leg warmers and are happy with them so the trousers should be good.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Decathlon (from the football section)

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/keepdry-900-adult-tights-black/_/R-p-165251

Now reduced to £12.99!

I’ve got a couple of pairs, I usually take them bikepacking as they make a decent pair of warm trousers for the evening combined with a down jacket and double up as riding tights if it’s cold/wet.

boblo
    Free Member

OP, you want shorts and longs hanging off your stomach at the same time? Have you tried bibs? They can be a bit more comfortable. These are very good and seem to last forever. You can (could) get them in both padded and svelte for wearing shorts underneath.

alibongo001

Do they still do Ron Hill Trackster Treks?

They were exactly like the tracksters but thicker!

ElShalimo

and they had  pockets too

stumpy01

tinas, those Decathlon football tights look like a good option!

I’ve seen a few Decathlon things lately that look worth a punt – might have to fill up a shopping basket – only problem is a lot of their items are currently out-of-stock online.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

The right direction is bibtights with a pad and no shorts underneath. I’ve got a pair of Endura thermos which are good down to about 5 degrees, the WindChill tights are even warmer, never had cold legs in those even at -10 in the snow during the Beast from the East in 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Like Ron Hill tracksters but thicker.’ is closed to new replies.