Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Like Crocs…but not Crocs
  • rascal
    Free Member

Looking for some footwear for camping, easy to slip on and off to go to shower block/bog in the middle of the night etc. Crocs seem to be practical but also say ‘twunt’. What’s out there that’s equally practical but aren’t Crocs?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Docs. Like Crocs, but not Crocs. Docs.

RustySpanner

Embrace your inner Twunt.

And before someone with a pizza oven and a German car suggests something slightly artisan for five times the price, this applies to you too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I got a warning from teh mods for using the word twunt once. Seems it’s back in fashion, though.

Flip flops FTW by the way.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Chest Waders

gobuchul
    Free Member

Canvas Crocs. Very comfy

You can wear them as slip on, the back folds down.

convert

Embrace the croc. It’s the right tool for the job. Still not sure why the humble croc got a bad rep.

sc-xc

Cheap espadrilles. If it’s wet, your feet will get wet anyway…

kilo

Oofos – superbly comfortable

Men's OOriginal Black

Haze

Vivobarefoot Ultra?

ratherbeintobago

I’ve got a pair of plastic Birkenstock’s which are quite nice.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’ll stick to looking like a twunt.

The number of people I’ve seen catch the front edge of their flip flops on a step or a stone and then end up on their face……and it’s the croc wearer that is deemed the stupid one.

lotto
    Free Member

Camping ain’t a fashion parade. Crocs work. Loads of people wear them. I couldn’t care less if they say the holes are for your self respect to seep through. They just work, and when camping, that’s all that really matters.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Crics double up as stream crossing footwear. Shake them off and you have loafing about camp.

Sod that with a pair of espadrilles.

epicyclo

Why camp where there’s dickheads who make fashion judgements?

nealglover
    Free Member

When I’m walking across a campsite at 3am to take chattering four year old for a poo, I’m really not concerned what anyone thinks of my crocs 😂👍

zippykona

Crocs and any damp surface equals death wish.

I once saw a man carrying a baby walking over rocks covered in sea weed. Deadly death danger.

stevious

If you think less of someone for wearing crocs then I’m afraid it’s you who has the esteem issues, not them.

CraigW
    Free Member
    eulach

Would the Fonz wear crocs?
    (TBF Rusty Spanner has it (and stevious needs to embrace))

johnners
    Free Member

Like Crocs…but not Crocs

Well, that’d be Lidl’s croc-a-likes then. Sneer at Croc wearers for paying top dollar.

cchris2lou

Just got some Salomon Rx Slide.

funkmasterp

Barefoot ftw. Cheaper than any other footwear and pretty grippy. Crocs for winter camping though I suppose

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I 2nd the suggestion of plastic Berkenstocks; far harder wearing than traditional Berkenstocks but just as comfortable.

Crocs are for Germans and theatre nurses.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

If it’s just for diving out of the tent in the middle of the night or wandering around camp I just use my untied walking boots. No need to have to dry your feet when you get back into the tent if it’s wet and one less thing to pack

Lummox

The salomon rx slides are super comfy and are really nice of you have any sort of arch issue.

however crocs are the king! Wear in any weather

just embrace

sprootlet
    Free Member

A third vote for the salomon RX range – they do a flipflop or a slide version (try and get rx3 rather than 4rx). Just bought my other half another pair as his old ones are finally starting to die. He’s had them for years.

Years ago I had the full shoe version, without doubt the most comfortable things that have ever graced my size 2 feet. Alas they no longer make them in my size.

scotroutes

Well, that’d be Lidl’s croc-a-likes then. Sneer at Croc wearers for paying

Yep

There are various cheaper versions. Mine don’t even have the self-respect holes.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

these swiftwater leather crocs don’t look so bad :

A mate had a pair of the leather Yukons and they also didn’t look so bad :

DrJ

Barefoot ftw.

In a campsite toilet? Ewww 🙁

bodgy
    Free Member

Rigger boots.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Lidl croc-a-likes

Aldigators

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Actually my mate had the Bogotas…

ElShalimo

Just embrace the Crocs.

I got a pair of cherry red ones from Amazon for about £10. They’re size 46 so they look “interesting” but I don’t care what anyone thinks. They’re ideal for campsites, especially for going for a shower

ibnchris

Toms? Or those gardening slip on things that look like crocs without the holes and cost a fiver?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Go to Goa & you can get Crocs for 400 rupees (maybe less if your bargaining powers are better than mine), genuine as well, the bloke told me.

CountZero

I once saw a man carrying a baby walking over rocks covered in sea weed. Deadly death danger.

You’re absolutely right, a bloody stupid thing to do regardless of whatever footwear he’s got on! #rollseyes
    I’ve got a cheap pair of Crocs-analogues from a local shoe shop, they work just fine.
    My sis-in-law wears them at work, she’s an anaesthetist, so if they’re good enough for her to wear, they’re good enough for me.
    They’re casual footwear, not posh gear for wearing out for a meal or working in a bank!

Aldigators

Oh, he’s good, he’s very good!

mikey.b
    Free Member

Oboz campers are like crocs but with a webbing strap upper. Super comfy but a little expensive

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Like Crocs…but not Crocs’ is closed to new replies.