Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Like a Singular Swift but not a Singular Swift….
  • 154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Imagine they’ve all gone so you need an alternative, what would you buy?
    Any views etc appreciated. Cheers

ton

charge cooker mid

epicyclo

There’s nothing quite like the Swift IMO.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

The lack of responses could mean it’s Friday and people with lives are out enjoying themselves, I started a really s****y thread or there isn’t a lot of comp. No bad thing, beautiful looking bit of kit that there Swift.

Cheers for the posts folks.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Epicyclo x 2

If you’re in the market for one, get one of Sam’s finest bicycles

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1, get a swift

Although I do fancy a cooker or a P-29 if I had the money

thekingofsweden

Gryphon on drops or flats is also an excellent choice.
    Pegasus just fantastic like a Swift only lighter and quicker.
    And I can say that from experience 🙂

takisawa2

Pace RC129 ? Bit pricier though. Niner SIR.9 even more so. Really think Cotic missed a trick, not making the Solaris / Simple dual purpose. The Swift really is a cracking deal. The Swift forks are a bargain. They are identical to the £175 Niner ones, apart from the (better looking) disc mount.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

I think I know what I’m buying next….cheers folks, always nice to get a bit of feedback etc.
    Appreciated.

gee
    Free Member

Salsa El Mariachi?

GB

Clobber
    Free Member

If I had to have only one bike, the swift would stay…

lipseal
    Free Member

I’ve only ridden a Salsa El Mariachi so can’t give a honest opinion but it works for me so I went and got a Spearfish too. 8)

tang
    Free Member

Had a swift, and as much as I liked it, my Niner mcr is a much better ride. The main points being a significantly lighter quicker back end through twisty singletrack, more comfortable, and an all round lighter quicker feel. I rode them back to back for two weeks on all my local trails in a fight off(one had to go!) and the Niner won. The swift is much more pleasing on the eye and totally fit for purpose. I really wanted the swift to stay! I got the Niner 2nd hand and I’m not sure if its worthy of a £800 pricetag new.

ton

had 2 swift’s, and they are fantastic. i found that they excelled at multiday mixed terrain touring.
    i rode 2 offroad tours in scotland on them, and was as quick and i reckon as comfy as the guys riding 5’s.
    the only time i was concerned when riding mine, was on rougher more extreme terrain. they felt a bit flimsy, but this may have been down to my size rather than the bike.
    i had a good look at a charge cooker in evans last week. the frame looks a fair bit more robust than the swift, this for most people will be a downside, but i may buy on and try it out.
    fantastic looking bike, but nowhere near the quality of a swift.

i wonder if Sam would sort me one with thicker/stronger chain and seatstays? 😀

big swift at the end of a week offroad in scotland

Sam

I’d like to imagine they’ve all gone – but they haven’t – good stock of Swifts at the moment.

Ton, perhaps a Buzzard might suit when they get here?

rootes1

Pace RC129 ? Bit pricier though. Niner SIR.9 even more so

I have a swift and think it rides nicer/neater than the SIR 9 i also tested.. but doubt there is mush between them and probably more down to setup/finishing kit etc

Swift better value though

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Saw one in ‘action’ at Gisburn yesterday. Made me want one even more.
    Ideas on frame sizing Sam? I’m 6’4.

Clobber
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and really like the XL swift, I’d probably be better on a L in theory but love the XL.

rootes1

i’m 6’5″ xl is nice

yetidave
    Free Member

I’m 6’5″ and my XL swift is just about ready for its first (by me) ride…

clubber
    Free Member

I’m 6’5″ too (we should form a club!) and my XL is spot on too.

Shmikuk
    Free Member

6’4″ on a large Swift. Always feels spot on to me. Even the sceptics are impressed/ surprised how it rides as mine isn’t a mega money/ mega light build. Good work Sam.

ferrit32
    Free Member

Sam how long off is the release date for the Buzzard? I am smitten.

Could be a coin toss to decide between this and the On one fat bike for next winters build

rthomas17
    Free Member

Another one for the tall swifters club here – I email Sam today to see what size he’d recommend for me (no reply yet) – I’m between a clobber and a clubber – at 6’3″ (and a half). As for alternatives, I was looking at on-ones, but I keep returning to the swift, so pretty sure that’s the way I’m gonna go.

rOcKeTdOg

6ft2 Large

swift by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

rthomas17
    Free Member

Not sure about the pump rocketdog 😐

Sam

154hopperavenue
    Saw one in ‘action’ at Gisburn yesterday. Made me want one even more.
    Ideas on frame sizing Sam? I’m 6’4.

Probably an XL, though as shmikuk’s experience suggests, one can never be certain.

ferrit32
    Sam how long off is the release date for the Buzzard? I am smitten.

Still aiming for June.

rthomas17 – Member
    Another one for the tall swifters club here – I email Sam today to see what size he’d recommend for me (no reply yet)

Nothing in my inbox, please re-send! Will also check my sometimes over-zealous spam filter…

rOcKeTdOg

Not sure about the pump rocketdog

yea, it’s a crime

the Ronde Van Worcestershire ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

I’ll have to get myself over to Sideways and have a gander.
    Beautiful bikes, next couple of months, money permitting

clubber
    Free Member

pic of mine for reference. 90mm stem

bullheart
    Free Member

Alternative you say?

Vassago Jabberwocky/Bandersnatch.

Sam’s bikes are truly lovely, but my Jabber is something else.

rthomas17
    Free Member

Sam – ygm – hopefully…..

Shmikuk
    Free Member
    Sam

Nothin beats a Zefal HPX! Love your style Gary.

I hear they are nice riding bikes bullheart – just hope it never breaks given recent news!

Richard – was in spam – YGM in return.

Andy_Baz

Re: the original question, this might be of interest:

Pace RC129 v Singular Swift

… or it may just confuse things…

And I did buy one, by the way.

STATO
    Free Member

I loved the ride of my swift but couldnt get over the height of the front end on my XL version. The fit was ok once i fitted a heavilly negative rise stem but i still had issues with standover and couldnt get over the uglyness of the inverted stem. Need to try a Large at some point, tho the front dosnt look much lower, the buzzard looks better in that regard but not what i want a HT for.

Sam

Stato – IIRC you were on one of the earlier ones with 485 forks? They’ve lost about an inch in front end height now.

Clobber
    Free Member

I’ve built an inbred and a swift. The finish on the swift makes the on-one look like it was built by a blind man, on a bad day, when he had both his hands tied behind his back… Not to mention the ride quality comparison…

shinsplints

6ft 2″ on a large (awful pic sorry)
    Seen here with 90mm stem, now has a 50mm on there & for me it rides a lot better, easier to lift the front over stuff. A keeper 🙂
    Sam, is the website up to date with stock of Singular clobber ?

Sam

Shinsplints – I’m afraid the current website is badly out of date – virtually no clothing at all at the moment – need to get a new load in for summer, though it’ll likely just be jerseys and caps this time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Like a Singular Swift but not a Singular Swift….’ is closed to new replies.