Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Like a Nomad?
  • oldtennisshoes

Junior OTS has outgrown his large Enduro and fancies a Nomad. Is there anything similar in terms of travel / angles that we should also consider?

dakuan
    Free Member

Commencal Clash

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a look at the Radon Swoop. They don’t make it in 650b anymore but the geo was very similar to the Nomad (it was first though) and you can get them secondhand.

I had one, it rode brilliantly.

oldtennisshoes

Thanks all

transition1
    Free Member

Transition Patrol or Ibis HD4, or new HD5

Akers

Nukeproof Mega has similar numbers

cyclelife
    Free Member

I like my new Mega better than the new Nomad – tried both and picked the Nukeproof. It’s lighter as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

If the lad needs an XL frame now…
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-mega-275-carbon-pro-bike-gx-eagle-2019/rp-prod170238

Something of a bargain there.

oldtennisshoes

Chakaping – thanks for that, I’m keen on that. The (not) little bugger has just thrown a Nikolai Gemomotron in the mix.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bit of a price differential if buying a new Geometron.

That XL Mega is actually really long by production bike standards, but the chainstay is still only 435mm weirdly.

Is he set on 650b wheels or not fussed?

dakuan
    Free Member

Worth bearing in mind that the Nomad is more of a mini-dh / bike park smasher than an enduro race rig. Which may or may not be what hes looking for.

joebristol

Bird AM160 or the outgoing model Aeris 145LT might be worth a look (which was on offer last time I looked). That’s assuming you are after 650b.

If you are including budget 29ers then the Calibre Sentry is currently on offer and seems a bargain.

S_J
    Free Member

What size Nomad is he after?? I’m guessing XL from the OG post..

oldtennisshoes

Just to update this – I picked up a Mojo Nikolai Geomotron from a nice chap in Liverpool.
    It’s a bit of a beast – but in a very good way, and the boy is very happy.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Like a Nomad?’ is closed to new replies.