Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Like a. Maxxis Aspen but bigger
  • zero-cool
    Free Member

Stuck a Maxxis Aspen on the back of the Missus’ bike (only 26 tyre available at Llandegla when she trashed her Minion last week) and have been pleasantly impressed by its ability and predictability.
    I’d like something similar but it’s only 2.1 wide and I’m 20kg heavier than her )and can be pretty heavy going on rear tyres/wheels) and want something a bit fatter.

I tried Nobby Nics but have written then off as terrible.

goodgrief
    Free Member

maxxis ardent 2.4

organdonor
    Free Member

Aspen 2.25?

BadlyWiredDog

If you can afford it, take a look at the 2.35 version of the Ikon. Big, fat and fast with bigger side knobs than the smaller 2.2 as well.

Or the Ardent Race in 2.2 is brilliant out back. But again heinously expensive.

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Careful with the 2.4 ardent they are huge. Tried to fit one got it all set up tubeless sealant included, then tried fitting it to the bike would it fit? 🙁

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Aspen 2.25s for sale if you’re interested. Only used for one muddy Dusk til Dawn before I went 29er and they’ve sat in the shed since.

They size up a good bit bigger than the 2.1 with a much bigger carcass.

Mail me at jaffamatt@gmail.com if you’re interested.

£30 for the pair

onedpete
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve got an as new maxxis Aspen 2.25 Kevlar folder here you can have for £20 posted. I run one on the rear with an Ardent or Minion up front all summer and all year at trail centres. Awesome super speedy but suprisingly grippy tyre. Big volume too. Lemme know pal…

mrhoppy

I’ve got a 2.25 aspen probably 80%, had it to go on my Bandit which got nicked could do it for £12.50. They coped adequately with my fat arse riding badly in the Lakes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Like a. Maxxis Aspen but bigger’ is closed to new replies.