Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Like a dirty disco frame, but
  • porter_jamie

DD has flatbars, and compact chainset. I need rack mounts, mudguard mounts and probably most importantly tyre clearance for decently wide tyres. My wheels are really nice stans qr 100/135 disk. I would have already bought a road rat (missus has one its lovely) but they dont exist anymore.
    Does anyone make a qr frameset anymore?

damascus
    Free Member

What hubs do you have? Can you convert them?

This ticks all the boxes apart from qr

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-cgr-al-blue-frameset/

If you want qr then you will probably need to start looking at 2nd hand.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Plenty of older CX bikes. I have a Kinesis, a Cotix X and a Dirty Disco. (plus a Pickenflick to have all 4 main materials) All wuld sort of do. Does it have to be new? Something like a Boardman CX maybe?

porter_jamie

It doesn’t have to be new. Dont mind material, steel, ally etc. Im not sure if the hubs can be converted they are stans hubs. The wheelset is lovely which is why I’m hesitant to let them go. I shall do some digging. Boardman is a good shout. I shall peruse ebay.

slowol

Closest things I can think of are Brother Kepler or Surly Midnight Special, both steel frames. Alternatively Spa Cycles dies touring framesets in titanium or steel. Any of those would probably last forever and be great for commuting or general riding.

porter_jamie

So I think a sonder camino might be the answer, as I think I can convert my stans hubs.
    I think the rear end of the camino is non boost 142 12mm through axle but it doesn’t say anywhere on the website what it actually is. The front is 12mm through. What the hell is this? Is this like 15mm non boost but 12mm?

Second thing I’m not sure about is brakes. Flat mount. Can I use my old xts with an adaptor?
    I’m planning on running it flat bar as they sell a complete flatbar bike and as far as i can tell the frame only is the same geo. The only downside is my current groupset is a 105 10sp compact 2x with trigger shifters. Is the camino 1x only?

ElShalimo

All Camino versions can run 2x

wors

Will the Camino run a 50t compact chainset?

Also the 2kg stats weight of the frame is this fork as well, does anyone know?

ElShalimo

Some were sold with 105 a few years ago so 50 must be possible.

Contact Sonder directly and ask them.

Stainypants

I’d look out for an old Boardman hydrid pro, my wife has one and it’s essentially a flat barred gravel bike before they were a thing. Tonnes of tyre clearance, all the mounts for guards etc full carbon fork.

finbar
    Free Member
    cookeaa

thank me later 🙂

Thank you??!?

Now I’m mulling the idea of assembling an over-blinged pub bike that I definitely don’t need…

Thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.