Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Like a Crud Guard but modern and 29er compatible – Whats out there?
  • letmetalktomark

Like this but moar moderner 😉

I’ve tried the seatpost mounted guards and their (seemingly) constant movement is a pain.

The Mud Huggers look good albeit a bit taffy to fit 😕

Any other suggestions?

hypnonewt
    Free Member

I have a Mudhugger thought it would be of a faff to fit, I was completely wrong five zip ties on each side that come included and it is solid.

molgrips
    Free Member

I use a Crud Guard. Just the latest model. Works pretty well. Doesn’t move when riding but does if you knock it.

ton

mudhugger

[url=https://flic.kr/p/W73yCC]2017-08-03_10-22-54[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

STATO
    Free Member

Like this but moar moderner

I loved those, they are so cool, if they made one in 29er length id probably buy it.

jameso

The rear Crud / Race Guard needs updating. I prefer this type, like the Cycra Guard, but the current Race Guard needs drilling and ziptie-ing for the guard to stay attached to the post mounted section reliably. Ditch that ‘QR’ clip feature and make it a bolted/self-tapper fit, please.

hardtailonly

Mudhugger is gopping.

Get a muddy ar#e. Get over yourself!

mattyfez
    grannyjone
    Free Member

I hate mudguards nothing looks worse than a bike with guards covered in shit but it is still better than getting covered in mud so I use them.

Two on the front and a mud hugger on the rear

mattbee

Mate wore a hole in his alu frame with a Mudhugger so I’d be inclined to check it regularly if you leave it on.

nixie

After seeing the same mates bikes with the hole mine is having self amalgamating tape under it this year.

tomaso
    Free Member

Mudhuggwr zip ties do chew through frames. I have used heli tape plus an old inner tube over the stays. Looks ugly as hell.

ton

Mudhugger is gopping.

you stupid man.

pubs and cafes hate people like you………. 🙄

rossburton
    Free Member

Mudhuggers come with helitape strips to protect the frame, did it wear those through too?

nixie

Yes I think it did. My frame is already helitaped and you can see where it was fitted last year.

letmetalktomark

Thanks for the replies Chaps, well except this one:

hardtailonly – Member
    Mudhugger is gopping.

I’m hoping it was missing one of these >>> 😉

For the occasional run out I don’t mind getting muddy but back concurrent days can be a pain with needing to wash and dry kit – especially coats.

I can only presume you Mum does your washing …… 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Like a Crud Guard but modern and 29er compatible – Whats out there?’ is closed to new replies.